Windows 8, every time I restart xpadder it goes through initial setup and deletes all saved configs

ivanovan

Windows 8, every time I restart xpadder it goes through initial setup and deletes all saved configs

Post by ivanovan »

Hi,

I run latest version of Xpadder on Windows 8. It is in the User/../Documents/Xpadder folder. I created and saved several profiles and everything is fine. However if I exit Xpadder or restart windows, every time it launches it goes via initial setup and all my saved profiles gets deleted from this folder. This is a very strange behavior.

1. How do I make sure that folder association stays, and Xpadder remembers that it has been already started before and auto starts?
2. How do I make sure saved profiles do not get deleted every time Xpadder restarts?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Windows 8, every time I restart xpadder it goes through initial setup and deletes all saved conf

Post by Jonathan »

Try this:

1) In Explorer open the Documents\Xpadder folder and keep it on screen in view
2) Run Xpadder and set it up
3) Save your controller file and a quick profile
4) Check that they have appeared in the folder open in Explorer
5) Now close Xpadder by right-clicking its icon by the clock and selecting Close
6) A settings file should also appear in the folder

Are you seeing these files appear?

ivanovan

Re: Windows 8, every time I restart xpadder it goes through initial setup and deletes all saved conf

Post by ivanovan »

Yes, seems to be ok now. Thanks for helping out

Return to “Xpadder keeps installing/forgetting settings”