Xpadder Keeps Changing During Gameplay

tolber10

Xpadder Keeps Changing During Gameplay

Post by tolber10 »

Is there some sort of in game controller reset etc,I've been using for 2weeks now exclusively for SWTOR and each time I play my controller will on it's own mind switch up my configurations etc,I have the triggers set as my toggles for sets 2/3 and it never fails that it will suddenly rearrange buttons/toggles and screw me up big time?

I'm using win8 and the latest paid version of xpadder and it normally works pretty great(ive also started experiencing xpadder forgetting my settings & not auto loading my profile now all of a sudden too) but when it flips controls on me I always have to log off SWTOR and close/reopen xpadder which is annoying having to do so often.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there some sort of button combo I can press to reset/revert back to my standard settings in game without having to quit etc.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder Keeps Changing During Gameplay

Post by Primal Fear »

Do you only get stuck in a wrong set or do the assignments completely change?
Can you post the profile you are using or respectively point to the profile if you have it from the Profiles sub forum?
tolber10 wrote:(ive also started experiencing xpadder forgetting my settings & not auto loading my profile now all of a sudden too)
Where did you place the Xpadder.exe?

tolber10

Post by tolber10 »

I get stuck in the wrong set,like I have holding LT set on my 360 pad to switch to set 2,then all of a sudden it's changed to where set 2 is normal without holding anything(my normal set 1) and then my set one will be like hold RT(which is normally my set 3 button)?

The profile I'm using is one I've found on the swtor forums with a few buttons tweaked/rearranged for my liking

And my xpadder files location is c:\users\downloads I hope this helps?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Your problem with the sets is a known glitch. Read more about it and mainly a solution here.

About your other problem:
If Xpadder forgot everything, so you had to do the first launch setup, you probably have deleted the config file named Xpadder(.ini) that Xpadder creates next to the Xpadder.exe.

If Xpadder didn't load the controller layout, you have probably deleted or moved the corresponding controller file.

If Xpadder didn't load only the profle, you have either moved or deleted the profile file or closed Xpadder last time with no profile loaded or have disabled "AutoOpen last used profile" in the Xpadder settings (tool symbol in the upper right corner of the main window->Options).

Derp Warrior

Post by Derp Warrior »

Having the same / similar problem here - trying to use Xpadder with a Logitech F710 and Oblivion, downloaded and installed from Steam. Game starts out ok, then Xpadder forgets all of its settings. I've tried clearing all the sets but one, but nothing. Before I load the game I do a notepad test, and all is well. After I exit the game, Xpadder is sending nothing to notepad. This happens when I run Xpadder as admin, and not. Thoughts?

Derp Warrior

Post by Derp Warrior »

Solved my own problem - Oblivion has 'joystick' control options, although not as comprehensive as Xpadder's. I deleted them (click on option, then press esc) and now there's no conflict between the two programs.

[edit]

Temporary reprieve. I chose the 'wait' option, and Xpadder stopped working. Returned to windows, did the notepad test - nothing. Clicked on the Xpadder window and all the controls came back. Looks like Oblivion and Xpadder fight for the 'joystick' input, and Xpadder loses.

[edit 2]

Getting closer - definitely more stable now, however something about pressing the 'back' button on the Logitech controller causes Xpadder to switch to the second 'settings' tab; is there any way to delete settings 2-8, or copy Set 1 to all the others?

[edit 3]

Aha - it's an Xpadder function; press the 'back' button and it automatically selects Set 2. Let's disable that .. yes, that works nicely. Problem's entirely gone away.

Return to “Xpadder keeps installing/forgetting settings”