xpadder keeps loosing my settings arg!!!

djterror80

xpadder keeps loosing my settings arg!!!

Post by djterror80 »

why??? hi i just bought xpadder and have the latest version. im EXTREMELY frustrated and want to throw xpadder out a virtual window! i did everything im supposed to do. and it works, and games work. but what i want to know is, how do you save xpadder so if you reformat, you wont have to reload all the stick, button, and trigger, input again. and why does this keep happening? and why cant i save the image the 360 controller image to my hd? i mean, really. help please.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: xpadder keeps loosing my settings arg!!!

Post by mnl1121 »

What you want to do is save the controller layout and the profile. To do this click on the small controller image below the larger one in the upper-left hand corner. Then go to "save as". To save the profile go to the little button that looks like a page directly to the right of the controller button. Again click on "save as". Once saved you can then load it up the next time you start Xpadder.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

If there are unsaved changes to either the controller layout or profile then the name box next to the menus mnl pointed out above will be yellow.

Originalgamer13

Post by Originalgamer13 »

I do like the fact that the title is yellow when you change your settings and dont save... its a nice little reminder!

Taxee

Post by Taxee »

I just upgraded to 5.6.

Xpadder doesn't load either my gamepad or my profile settings. I have to reload them every time I start Xpadder.

Additionally, I am having to go through the file association and location dialogs each time I start Xpadder. Shouldn't this only be a one time deal the first time you start the new version? Or shouldn't it remember your settings from before the upgrade?

Thanks.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Yes having to go through the dialogs each time Xpadder starts is not normal. What folder is Xpadder located in? It cannot be in any folder that has write restrictions applied to them. This includes the program files folder and any subfolders. There are also other folders too. Please put Xpadder in a folder located either in your my documents folder or on the desktop.

Taxee

Post by Taxee »

Thanks for the response. That is probably what is causing the problem as I just upgraded to 5.6 and installed it in a subfolder in the program files directory.

I'll move it and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Return to “Xpadder keeps installing/forgetting settings”