Controller settings discarded when quitting xpadder

Treant

Controller settings discarded when quitting xpadder

Post by Treant »

Seems xpadder 5.6 ini file doesnt recognize my pad which is named in control panel:"4-osiowy 12-przyciskowy joystick z przełącznikiem ustawień" (polish language). Instead it keeps detecting it differently every time - sth like "4-osiowy 12-przyciskowy joystick z przeB cznikiem ustawieD" replacing national symbols with gibberish and every time I start xpadder i have to manually chose controller file which is somewhat tedious. Is there any solution to that problem? OS: Win7 x64

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Controller settings discarded when quitting xpadder

Post by Jonathan »

Some letters in the Polish language require a special type of text document. The INI file is a standard text document that cannot remember the letters correctly.

There are currently only two instant solutions: alter the name of your controller or wait for a new beta test version which I will fix to allow for Polish letters in the INI file

Both are quite advanced solutions. If you are interested in either in more detail then let me know. If not I will ensure the problem is fixed in the next version.

Treant

Post by Treant »

Changing controller name - ive searched google but couldnt find a way to do it. Does it involve custom drivers?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

It involves altering the nametext in the registry to something with no Polish specific letters.
Altering the registry can be dangerous so before I go any further I need to ask if you are familiar with the registry and how to edit it?

Treant

Post by Treant »

Yes I am familiar with the registry.

Treant

Post by Treant »

Just changed registry name and its working like it should. Thanks for advice.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Glad to hear it works.
Since you are the only user who has contacted me with this issue (which you have now resolved) and to speed up the v5.7 release schedule I will move the planned upgrade of the INI file to v5.8 - this will also allow me to add support for the profiles and controller files so they too will be able to support advanced lettering in names.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

This issue is now fixed in latest version in the Download forum

Return to “Xpadder keeps installing/forgetting settings”