Set Selector Help

c1R

Set Selector Help

Post by c1R »

I'm having trouble with set selectors. In set 1 i have 2 set selectors buttons while held down. Im using my left and right trigger buttons as the set selectors. The right trigger uses Set 2 and the left trigger uses set 3. When one of the buttons are held down it works fine, but the problem is when both buttons are held down usually by accident. If at one point im holding both the right and left trigger this is what happens, if you release the left left trigger first, It would return to Set 1, but your still holding down the right trigger. When you release the right trigger It would send you to Set 3 and stay on Set 3. I want it to return to Set 1 if the Left or Right triggers are not held down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Set Selector Help

Post by SGTCableDog »

This is a problem with nested sets. I recommend making the left stick select set 1-one way in all directions is both set 2 and 3 if you can. That way if your first reaction is to move it will put you back to set 1 right away.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

This drove me nuts too for a long time & I hope its fixed eventually.

I understand the problem being the while held set selector waits for "on release" when landing on any set from any other. If you where holding a button on the way in to the set, the selector your holding wont switch sets until you release it. So the solution above was to use two buttons that are mutually exclusive so you couldn't possibly press both at the same time. (sticks).

But there's another way.

I prefer to use L/R triggers for sets and using the stick or d-pad seems like a waste of useful directionals. I have a possible work around to this problem. The trick is in the turbo!

using the original posters example:
On set1:
1. use the "two way" set selector on your 2 buttons to switch to your "set2" and "set3"respectively. (While held won't do.)
2. turn on turbo on those buttons with set selectors. (only on the "base" set)
3. Set the turbo delays as low as possible. 0.02 is as low as I can get mine.

On set2 and set3
1. make sure there is NO turbo on these (returning) set selectors.

Voila! Control is now tripped! and the set selectors work nearly perfectly as if "while held".

There is only one remaining glitch that is almost negligible, and is kind of hard to make happen. Releasing both triggers at NEARLY the same time. (before the turbos have a chance to repeat on your base set) will cause it to land on the wrong set. simply tap or press the set selector button for the offending set and it corrects itself instantly.

I use the set selectors so often that I never notice this last remaining glitch in normal play.
I've used this "turbo + two way" trick with even more sets and it works great.
I call this a 90% solution.

Hope that helps anyone frustrated as I am with the "While held" set selector issue.
(the edit button is my friend)
Last edited by Oke_Doke on 11 Apr 2010, 09:35, edited 2 times in total.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

This is a very interesting work-around. I wasn't able to quite follow the directions. Could you copy and post this profile to the forums?

To copy the profile click the Profile menu and choose "Copy".

Then right click and paste into a new post. Thanks.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Oke_Doke »

Hmm perhaps I was a bit wordy. :geek:

I hope this explains it better.
While-held workaround

Return to “Sets”