tap for keypress and change set while held

EpicFail

tap for keypress and change set while held

Post by EpicFail »

I'm trying to setup a button that when it is tapped it uses one key stroke while if I hold it switches controller set. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: tap for keypress and change set while held

Post by Primal Fear »

You have two possibilities:
If you want to switch the other set while held, you need to place the tap assignment in the destination set and to make sure that the destination set doesn't interfere with the basic controls (esp. movement) of Set1. This is the example on A (if you a Xbox360pad) respectively one button1 in the following profile.

If you want to switch the set two-way, you need to place the tap assignment in Set1 and add one or better more long pauses behind it. That way Xpadder won't switch the set after releasing the button if it was only tapped. This is the example on B respectively button2.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.12.31
Set1Button2Name=Two-Way on hold
Set1Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,A,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,PAUSE 10m00.00s,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s
Set1Button2Toggle=1
Set1Button2SetSelect=1
Set1Button1Name=while held
Set1Button1Turbo=1
Set1Button1TurboRate=2
Set1Button1SetSelect=1
Set2Button2Toggle=1
Set2Button2SetSelect=0
Set2Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,A,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s
Set2Button1SetSelect=0
Last edited by Primal Fear on 15 Feb 2013, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed profile

EpicFail

Post by EpicFail »

Thank you. I got the while hold working as I wanted. Wouldn't of thought to do it that way, but it works perfect for me. Anyways I believe in you example button 2(B) is the while hold and button 1(A) is the 2 way. It looks like you described it opposite in your post. Thanks.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

No, it's correct in my post.
Manual wrote: While held
The selected set will only be active while the gamepad button is held. The previous set will return when the gamepad button is released.

Two-way
The selected set will become active after pressing and releasing the gamepad button. To return to the previous set press and release the gamepad button again.

EpicFail

Post by EpicFail »

I agree with your description, but your example has the buttons swapped. No biggie, I was able to figure it out.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Oh, you're right. :oops: It's fixed now.

ataxic

Post by ataxic »

Do you need 7 of those Add Pauses and are they set to 10 minutes each?

(Just trying to understand why I am adding them and clicking like a maniac to get to 10m)

EpicFail

Post by EpicFail »

I didn't try the 2 way, but I think the pauses delay change of set after a tap occurs. So a long pause is required so the set doesn't change on you while your still playing the game.

ataxic

Post by ataxic »

So you are saying there is a 70 minutes pause in place which resets back to start the 70 minutes every time you tap the button again? (Looking at the example from Primal)

EpicFail

Post by EpicFail »

ataxic wrote:So you are saying there is a 70 minutes pause in place which resets back to start the 70 minutes every time you tap the button again? (Looking at the example from Primal)
Probably a question for Jonathan to answer. I'm going to guess yes it resets. Probably could make the pauses shorter to test the theory. If it doesn't reset this implementation might be bad thing causing lots of timers and resources to build up in memory after every tap of the button.

Return to “Sets”