Hold zones for set-switching

galneon

Hold zones for set-switching

Post by galneon »

I've read this subforum, but haven't seen this specifically addressed. However, based on other limitations, I'm quite certain I'm out of luck. Anyway, here goes...

I'd like to specify hold zones to switch to different sets. For example, 1s hold and release results in switching to set 1 (if I'm not already there), 2s for set 2, and so on all the way up to 4 for my primary profile. This seems like the most efficient way to get around the lack of overlay feedback (which is no doubt impractical to implement as it would break many games, not to mention ugly).

If I can't do this, what is another clean and efficient way to do what I want? It seems like set selector having its own tab in Advanced Assignment relegates it to being used on its own without the benefit of sequencing and such. Another decent workaround would be to hold the set button and hold a D-pad direction before releasing the set button to switch to one of four different sets (for up, down, left, and right).

I'm just not sure how to combine set selection with the myriad flexibility afforded to other functions...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Hold zones for set-switching

Post by Primal Fear »

Right, it's not possible to place set selectors in Hold Zones. It would be possible to make a button lead you always to Set1 when you only only tap and to the destination Set when you hold it (using Hold Zones and Pauses, but that would only work between two sets.

A solution for the Dpad could look like that:

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2014.01.01
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1Button5TurboRate=2
Set1Button5SetSelect=7
Set2Button5TurboRate=2
Set2Button5SetSelect=7
Set3Button5SetSelect=7
Set4Button5TurboRate=2