make a button a set swap as well as key press

lovinit

make a button a set swap as well as key press

Post by lovinit »

i guess the subject kinda says it all but yeah basically im trying to set up one of the bumpers on my xbox 360 controller to do a press and release of ctrl if i only push it but if i hold it for more than a set time it wont do that but instead just enable to second set i have it setup to switch to as long as im holding it down. i thought i had it a couple times but to no avail. is there a way to do this through the scripts that i haven't found yet?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: make a button a set swap as well as key press

Post by mnl1121 »

This is not currently possible to do as it is not possible to add a set selector assignment inside a hold/release zone. Definitely something to add to the suggestions forum.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

This will involve adding a new Set slot so that Set selecting operations can be performed based on button hold duration or stick distance movement. It is a feature X and can be voted on by buyers right now to appear in the next version.

jim.lange

Post by jim.lange »

I have a similar requirement. I have a Saitek X36 HOTAS and the throttle has a mode switch with three positions. In position one, no button is activated, in position 2 a button is "held down" until the switch is moved to another position, and in position 3, another button is pressed as long as the switch remains in the position. In my flight sim, I want to use the switch to select master modes: Navigation, Air-to-Ground, Air-to-Air; which are activated in the sim by a keypress.

So in other words, when the switch is moved from position 1 to 2, I need to send a keystroke and then activate set #2 while the button is held. I also need to send a keystroke when the switch is moved back to position 1 (which releases the "button" corresponding to the middle position, but does not activate another button since position 1 is the "no button" position). It also needs to gracefully handle a rapid switch from position 1 to 3 (i.e. delayed activation of "while down").

NOTE: in my old Saitek programming software (no longer supported in Windows 7), I could program the switch to send a keystroke on "button down" and another on "button up" while also acting as a mode shift.

jim.lange

Post by jim.lange »

This is a follow-up to my previous post. As it turns out, the 3-position mode switch on my throttle presses a logical "button" in all three positions (not just positions 2 and 3 as I previously stated). There is also a second 3-position switch that also acts as three logical buttons. So this means that my setup always has at least two buttons always in a "pressed" state.

So the ideal solution for me would be to send a keystroke (or sequence) immediately upon pressing a button (i.e. moving the mode switch into a position) and then act as a set selector while held. It would also be useful to send another keystroke (or sequence) upon release of a button (i.e. when exiting the set).

Jim

Return to “Sets”