The bottom three checkboxes on the Key Assignment UI?

gravanoc

The bottom three checkboxes on the Key Assignment UI?

Post by gravanoc »

Hello. I am trying to find information on the three icons/checkboxes that are at the bottom of the UI that looks like a keyboard & allows you to assign keys. There is also an icon that shows ABC next to them, & I figure it might be a way to give your hotkey/etc a custom name, but I might be wrong. :?:

Thanks!

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Re: The bottom three checkboxes on the Key Assignment UI?

Post by Errol »

The icons you're referring to as looking like keyboard are called Sets.
The ABC next to them are used when you assign a name to a key or mouse click. Example, if you assign Left mouse click to fire a weapon and you assign a name e.g. "Fire Weapon"...When you click on the ABC button it will display what keyboard key or mouse click is assigned on each buttons, triggers & joystick. When clicked again will display the name you assigned to each button etc.

Coming back to my first sentence. The icons you're referring to as looking like keyboard are called Sets...
You have a controller e.g. XBOX 360 Controller with approx 14 buttons, two triggers and two joysticks for movement.
Here is where the excitement comes in...In theory you now have 8 virtual controllers in your hand using 1 controller.
Those 8 keyboard like icons which are called Sets can each be assigned different actions to any game. For example a game like Star Wars: The Old Republic which uses almost every keys on the keyboard. The first set is your default or regular which you will use as a newbie. But as you get more advanced in using Xpadder you can assign other keys to the other Sets...keep in mind you will have to use at least one button to assign changing sets to be able to use any of the eight Sets.

That's a brief intro for you to know what those icons are. Hope that is simple as I can explain and helpful.
You can download Star Wars: The Old Republic profile and use it as an example using Notepad to emulate.

gravanoc

Post by gravanoc »

Hi Errol, thank you for your reply. After reading my post again, I believe I made it ambiguous as to what I was referring to. Apologies for that.

I've attached a picture with the icons highlighted in yellow. Image Link if image doesn't work: https://imgur.com/1iuZsSZ

Thanks again!

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

OK, You really had me there. :lol:
The first one is to Toggle an action.
The second one is Turbo an action.
The third one Rumble, which when enabled will rumble your controller when you use it in conjunction with an enabled keyboard key or mouse click. That is if your controller do support vibration. Most of the old games did not have those features as the modern games. That's why Xpadder have all these additional features mostly, for those older games which do not have support for controllers or have limited controller support.

The first, second and third, if you look at the extreme right of the window, you will see and Advanced button which when you click on it, will open another window. Here you will see additional features and more options available.

To be honest I have never used any of the three features, as it is more cosmetics rather reality playing in a game. I like to play my games exactly the way the game is designed but having Xpadder to emulate the keyboard and mouse using a controller.

There is also an icon that shows ABC next to them, & I figure it might be a way to give your hotkey/etc a custom name, but I might be wrong.
Yes you are quite correct. You can assign names to your keys as you so desire, using the small window on the right next to the Abc icon.

On another note: One thing I can tell you is that you cannot break Xpadder. So you can always try out new features and see how well it performs for your pleasure. I tried out many of the features back in 2010 when I had purchased it and a few years after . But I've gotten younger since and really don't use the additional features. Just what I need is what I assign to Xpadder and emulate my game. This is just my thought I'm expressing to you. So please don't hold me to it. :)
Jonathan has added quite a few new features for the past few years and I'm still to even try it out.

gravanoc

Post by gravanoc »

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense now.

Return to “How do I do this assignment? Keyboard actions”