Can it replace buttons completely?

Cag93

Can it replace buttons completely?

Post by Cag93 »

And not just "map" another key over an existing button? For example, if I were to plug in a... keyboard (pretend that I can plug in a keyboard as a controller, for the sake of this example) would I be able to completely disable the "v" key and map the "z" key onto it? Normally, if the "z" key were to be mapped onto the "v" key, it would do both things. In a word document, it would type "zv" or "vz" if I were to press the "v" key. Is it possible to make the "v" key "forget that it needs to still press "v" and only have it act as it were a "z" key, thus only having it type "z" in word document?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can it replace buttons completely?

Post by mnl1121 »

If you were able to connect your keyboard as a controller and ONLY a controller (as in your computer sees itself as having no keyboard connected to it) then yes you can map Z to your V key.

Cag93

Post by Cag93 »

But would I be able to completely override the "v" key and thus have it behave like a "z" key ONLY? Perhaps I should give a better example :s. Umm... say in a game, the "A" button on a 360 controller is used to jump, and the... "t" key on the keyboard is to punch. If I map the "t" key onto the "A" button, I would jump and punch simultaneously in-game. Is there a way to disable the original "A" button functionality to completely replace it with the "t" key's functionality?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You'll need to disable in-game controller support or the game will receive the controller input and Xpadders key assignment. Xpadder does not "trap" or otherwise change controller output.

Cag93

Post by Cag93 »

Ok, thank you for the replies :)

Return to “More questions”