throttle-slider support???

3m@ch

throttle-slider support???

Post by 3m@ch »

Does or will Xpadder support a seperate "button category" for throttle-sliders?? heres a picture of what i mean by "throttle-sliders"

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy45 ... slider.png

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: throttle-slider support???

Post by Primal Fear »

Not directly, but you can use one axis of the second stick (which a Joystick usually not has) for the slider, by choosing it directly in sticks (and don't let it detect by Xpadder self). That works great.

3m@ch

Post by 3m@ch »

Well, in 5.6, the 2nd axis for slider is either "on" (slider 100%) or "off" (slider 0%) no inbetweens, and no DIRECT slider support, made just for sliders like this... if and/or when Xpadder gets the following features, then i'll purchase with no hesitation.....
feature 1
"Print Screen" button support

feature 2
direct slider support

and a wish, feature 3

For Xpadder to automatically recognize any and all controllers, then give you a list of profiles, images, and let you name the controller and save as a configuration file

I bet ANYONE with a controller will buy xpadder for the 3rd feature! just a good (in my opinion) suggestion.

And any tips on getting the most out of xpadder with these controllers? Sidewinder USB Gamepad USA v1

and a SideWinder USB Joystick (Part #: X05-92626) any tips are well appreciated!!

Thanx,
3m@ch

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

When there will be new features, can't even Jonathan say you exactly, I think. He develop this program alone, and even big companys can often not hold release dates without releasing an absolute buggy software, like good to see in the game industry. So here is probably the statement "When it's done" the right one.

The third feature you wish is in my opinion a very intresting idea. For sure it would make Xpadder too big, if it would come with a bunch of profiles, controller configs and images, where the most of them would be useless for the specific user.
But a function that let Xpadder contact to an online database would be a great featureX.

And, what do you exactly mean with
getting the most out of xpadder with these controllers?
Edit: I've found in the Changelog on the very end this
Removed update system and all internet-related code
So it seems that something like this is "placed on ice" at the moment.
Last edited by Primal Fear on 01 May 2010, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I have a flight yoke that has three throttle sliders; Z,RX, and RY axis. When creating a layout I had to use the second stick and the trigger to recognise the sliders. Since the sticks and triggers are analog inputs it works fine. The ideal would be to use multiple triggers. Version 5.8 added "Distance zones" which allows different assinments based on how far you move the analog input, perfect for throttle silders.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Ah yes, the distance zones. The best new feature since 5.6, I think.
It didn't came in my mind, but for sure they are crucial for using the slider or any other axis not only as on or off.

Return to “More questions”