Xbox AV8R-02 Flight stick twist Rudder?

EvangelusE

Xbox AV8R-02 Flight stick twist Rudder?

Post by EvangelusE »

Just purchased Xpadder but cannot work out how to assign the twist rudder action on my AV8R for my PC based flight sims. The twist rudder has a neutral setting and the analog data swings left or right but how do you set this up in the profile? The controller properties menu displays the rudder as being X input - L Trigger and shows an analog display that changes as the stick rudder is twisted left or right from centre, strangely it also affects the Z axis Direct input which is for the throttle but this is controlled separately by the throttle Z control. Any help much appreciated.......

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xbox AV8R-02 Flight stick twist Rudder?

Post by Primal Fear »

I use an Joystick with this feature too.
Let the rudder-control detect as triggers, and then let detect the two sliders as the two axes of the right stick.

But you can not assign this as a fully analogue input with Xpadder ("Xpadder simulates the keyboard and mouse"). If your fight simulations have a native controller support, and I assume this, leave it clear and assign the axes (of stick and slider too) in the game.
The controller properties menu displays the rudder as being X input - L Trigger and shows an analog display that changes as the stick rudder is twisted left or right from centre, strangely it also affects the Z axis Direct input which is for the throttle but this is controlled separately by the throttle Z control.
This is normal. If your Controller supports Xinput (and this one should do) you will have one input in Xinput and one in Directinput.
Or do you mean that two functions affect in one bar in Directinput? So this would make problems.

Edit: I've found this on the german Saitek website (strangely on the english one there are lesser details),
"Zentrale, geteilte Schubkontrolle für mehrere Maschinen oder Ruder/Schubkontrollenkombination".
Which means "Central, separated throttle control for multiple machines or rudder/throttle combination".

So maybe its normal, that rudder and slider use the same axis (why ever), and maybe it's possible to turn this off in the driver or on the Joystick.

Return to “More questions”