compleat rundown

benjee_uk

compleat rundown

Post by benjee_uk »

hello, i would like to get xpadder as soon as i can, in the mean time i want to know about the software,
you might be aware of a program called pinnacle game profiler, i got the trial and found it very easy to use... with that in mind.
is this software as easy to use as pinnicle?
can i download user profiles and cofiger the software automaticly?
basicly i can use pinnical (just about), will i be able to use xpadder just as easily?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: compleat rundown

Post by Primal Fear »

I never heard of this program but I downloaded now the trial and gave it a try.
First Impression: Everything is so small, and it seems very complicated (maybe I have just to work a little bit with it).
It has some comfort function that Xpadder don't has,but I am missing some useful features of Xpadder like Distance Zones for axes an tap and hold.
I think too, that making a profile with Xpadder will take much less time than with this program.

From the beginning I could work with Xpadder very good. But with this program it's stress to use it for me.
benjee_uk wrote:can i download user profiles and cofiger the software automaticly?
No, this isn't possible automatically. But you can search ready setup profiles in the forum and copy-paste them very easy into Xpadder.

edit: found those functions, but it's still complicated. Xpadder is more visual.
Last edited by Primal Fear on 09 May 2010, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

I've never used Pinnacle (I have used Joy2Key in the past, before I heard about Xpadder), but it's pretty simple to use Xpadder. Upon first starting Xpadder, you get a few choices right off the bat... where to store Xpadder, whether or not to associate files with Xpadder... etc. And after loading up Xpadder, you get prompted right off the bat to create a new layout (for your controller), and a VERY easy to follow step-by-step configuration process (button selection, placement, etc) and the choice to save that layout. Same thing applies to creating a controller profile (actions/keys assigned to your buttons), and saving the profile.

Basically, if you see a yellow highlight, it's a good idea to find out WHY it's yellow (as that's the prompt color, for things you need to either set up, or save).

The basics are... well... basic. You can have keys and mouse movements set to buttons... or you can go advanced and set up macros and complex hold/release sequences that can do just about anything. I say give it a shot, and see what you think of it. You won't be disappointed.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

the only real reason for choosing pinnacle is wii/ps3 controller support something xpadder doesnt have unless you build a custom driver

Return to “More questions”