Can Xpadder Perform This?!?

DeeJei

Can Xpadder Perform This?!?

Post by DeeJei »

Hello,

I was wondering if Xpadder is able to do this...

I press a button on my joystick and hold it. Is it possible to set up Xpadder to press the same button again at a set time depending on when I released that button?

Example:

I press X and hold for 1 sec then release at 1.5 secs can Xpadder follow up and press X again at 3.2 secs later? If I held X for 2 secs and released it at 2.5 will it able to press the button at 0.9 secs later within the same sequence etc? :?:

Thanks I am very interested in buying if Xpadder can accomplish that! :mrgreen:

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can Xpadder Perform This?!?

Post by Terra Branford »

Xpadder supports "Hold Zones"... which should give you something similar to this... though you'd have to play around with it just a little bit (using the Release Zones along with Hold Zones). I think you can get it to go "Okay, X was held for a full second... now let's wait a second and a half, and do something" with "Pause" times, as well.

However, I'm not entirely clear on what you want Xpadder to do... but I'm sure it can do it.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

First, Xpadder can only send keypresses and mouse movements, it can not send button presses. But it is an interesting request for repeat time based on duration of the button is held down.

Buyers of Xpadder can suggest and vote for future features to be added.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

DeeJei wrote: I press X and hold for 1 sec then release at 1.5 secs can Xpadder follow up and press X again at 3.2 secs later? If I held X for 2 secs and released it at 2.5 will it able to press the button at 0.9 secs later within the same sequence etc? :?:
Xpadder cannot press buttons but it can simulate keys which you will probably map to a button.

You can use Hold and Release Zones to perform your assignment.
A Hold Zone will perform a keypress (or a sequence of keypresses) once a button is down for a certain amount of time. Multiple HoldZones can be added to an assignment.
However, I think you need Release Zones which will perform something once the button is released - Xpadder figures out how long the button was down for and does what you want it to in that set timeframe.

Return to “More questions”