Can there be two keys on one button?

Sylver Cheetah 53

Can there be two keys on one button?

Post by Sylver Cheetah 53 »

Hi!

For example. If I push button 6, I should get D+W (like I would press those keys in the same time).
Can you tell me if this is available or would be in the future? For me, it would be very useful. :)

Thanks!
Daniel

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can there be two keys on one button?

Post by Terra Branford »

Yes. You can assign two keys (or mouse actions) to one button on your joypad. There are a ton of things you can do with Xpadder, such as Hold assignments (ie. Hold Button X for five seconds and it gives you Keypress "6", but gives you Keypress "3" if you press it normally), Distance assignments (ie. Push the Analog Up 50% and it gives you Keypress "Shift+up", push the Analog further, and it gives you Keypress "up" on it's own).

Post by Guest »

And how do you do that?

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

1) In Xpadder, click on the button you want to assign your sequence; ie. "Button X will use A on standard press, and B on extended press".
2) When the Keyboard layout menu opens (after clicking on the Button you're working with), click "Advanced" (bottom right corner).
3) Set up the sequence first with "A", then "Add Hold Zone" (setting the time to match the specified time to perform the new action), and then "B".
4) Test in Notepad (click the "Test" button in the Advanced options window) and see how it works. Lather, rinse, repeat, until you get the timing right.

Mind you, that while you have the Button held, it's still going to send the command to use the "A" Keypress until it's held long enough to start sending the "B" Keypress command. Normally this isn't a problem, but I figured I'd warn you that when you test it in Notepad, it'll go "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb" etc.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

So he wants to press them at the same time,it's not necessary to use a Hold Zone here. He has only to assign W and D without a Pause or anything else between it. This works with even more buttons too.

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

Obviously. I mentioned that, and as an after-thought, mentioned ~other~ interesting things that Xpadder can do, and after he asked how to do ~that~, I told him. :P

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

ähm :?

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

Heh. It's all good. And if all he wanted to do was "D+W", then yes, Xpadder does indeed do this quite well. :P

Return to “More questions”