Buttons Combo and analog stick "zones"

thesubaru

Buttons Combo and analog stick "zones"

Post by thesubaru »

Hi,

Is it possible to make buttons combo in Xpadder ? Ex: Press button 1 + button 2 = A

And is it possible to use "zones" with analog stick ? Ex: Move stick just a little bit UP = A, Move stick more UP = S, Move stick to max UP = D

Thanks you

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Buttons Combo and analog stick "zones"

Post by Terra Branford »

For the first part, the only way you can do this, is to use the "Set Selection" option. For instance, "Button 1" is set up as "X" and "Select Set 2 while Held" with no Keypress while in Set 2; and "Button 2" is set as "nothing" on Set 1, but becomes "Y" if you're holding Button 1. It sounds more complicated than it really is.

And you can use Distance Zones with analog sticks, and triggers, exactly as you have asked. Works quite well, too.

thesubaru

Post by thesubaru »

Thanks a lot

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

No problem. Hopefully I didn't make it sound far harder than it really is.

dh2005

Post by dh2005 »

Hello,

I'd be happy to spend six quid on this, if it can fix an issue I have re the wired Xbox 360 controller.

I started playing the PC version of Halo the other day, and noticed that I was rather loose and 'off my game' compared to my peak in 2002 (the Xbox version, of course). I figured I was just a bit rusty... but that's not it. The sticks 'drift', if you know what I mean, rather than responding to clean and specific snaps - when I let go, it's as though the sticks don't centre quite completely.

This is playing havoc with my Halo self-esteem! Can Xpadder help? If so, how?

Cheers,

DH.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Xpadder cannot alter drifting sticks that may need calibration.
What it can do though is take this into account when simulating keypresses via the stick.
The red zone (deadzone) below can be enlarged so even if the stick is off-centre it will still be usable.
Xpadder does not alter the joystick settings though so other games will still have problems with it.

Xaith

Post by Xaith »

since were on the topic of being un-able to effect gameplay... were you still considering developing your own Driver run by Xpadder so that you can make Xpadder actually effect the games that are reading Analogue from a joypad? or has that Idea been scrapped?

if not... using GlovePIE in conjunction with PPJoy (and downloading some GlovePIE scripts) can solve those problems...

dh2005

Post by dh2005 »

Thanks for getting back to me.

So, what you're saying is that Xpadder could help if I mapped the keyboard controls onto the pad (therefore, letting Halo think I was using the keyboard rather than the pad), and altering the dead zone on the sticks? Could that eliminate my problem, do you think?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Xaith wrote:since were on the topic of being un-able to effect gameplay... were you still considering developing your own Driver run by Xpadder so that you can make Xpadder actually effect the games that are reading Analogue from a joypad? or has that Idea been scrapped?

if not... using GlovePIE in conjunction with PPJoy (and downloading some GlovePIE scripts) can solve those problems...
Driver development is a whole different area. I have decided to focus on the Xpadder application only and leave fake drivers to someone else :lol:

Return to “More questions”