Exponential curve setting for axis inputs

muddiman

Exponential curve setting for axis inputs

Post by muddiman »

Hello,

Does the program provide exponential curve settings for the axis? If not are there any plans to add this to the program? I am using a modified Spacenavigator as a FPS and this would be a great benefit for this device.
Check out my HONS controller.
http://www.eagle-i.us/HONS/

Thanks,
Don
eagle1fl@earthlink.net

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Exponential curve setting for axis inputs

Post by SGTCableDog »

Xpadder has the ability to adjust the mouse emulation speed. It is an exponential curve. There has been suggestions for increased mouse emulation speed graph editing so you could make it more linear if you wanted. Buyers have the opportunity to suggest and vote for "Feature X", the next feature Jonathan the Developer will include for the next release. This is how AutoProfile loading was added.

muddiman

Post by muddiman »

Thanks for your quick reply SGTCableDog. The problem is not making the device more linear but being able to program an exponential curve just off center making the controller softer around center and still have full axis at max input. The same as you can do on a model R/C radio. The Spacenavigator is very sensitive to movement, if you rotate it 90 degrees on its side it causes movement. Mouse emulation speed and dead zone control helps but does not address the real problem for such a controller. The SpaceOrb a very similar gaming device that is no longer sold had such settings. I have search for many gaming controller programs and have yet to come across one that provides this feature. Thanks for letting me know I have the opportunity to suggest and vote but I don't think most users would use such an option unless they were using a controller like the Spacenavigator. Would the mouse emulation speed graph editing provide this feature?

Best Regards,
Don

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

To be clear, Xpadder won't chage how programs see the analog axis' of the Spacenavigator. Xpadder allows you to assign keypresses and mouse movements to inputs from from a controller. Prerequisite is a game controller working in Windows. It is used to provide controller support to programs that don't have native controller support.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

There is a deadzone value in Xpadder which will not start moving the mouse until the axis reaches it. For very sensitive thumbsticks this solves the problem of accidental movement. The mouse speed just outside the deadzone zone is the slowest it can be - the graph is based on the distance from the start of the livezone until the limit of movement.

Advanced curve options are on the feature X list and it will be added for sure eventually. If it's top of the v5.6 request list then I'll start adding it on Sunday in fact!

muddiman

exponential curve settings

Post by muddiman »

Thanks for the reply Jonathan. I purchased Xpadder and will provide feed back once I get some time to test the program. I know there are many Spacenavigator users that will benefit from your program and future updates.
Keep up the great work on your coding and thanks for the support.

Best Regards,

Don
http://www.eagle-i.us

Return to “More questions”