functionality can it do this

kaekruse1

functionality can it do this

Post by kaekruse1 »

Hello, just bought the software waiting for response for a username and password.
Can i program two keyboard buttons onto one controller button through the xpadde software.
First instance, I want to make it so that when i tap a controller button the c button executes but then if i hold that same button i want ctrl to execute.
Second instance, I want to be able to control the menu screens during non game play. right now the arrow keys on my keyboard are used for controlling the menus and stuff outside of game play. Since the arrow keys won't do anything during gameplay i think it would be ok to assign them the directional pad of the controller as well as the keys used for actual gameplay. Can xpadder do this? Also if anyone has any good documentation on designing profiles like sensitivity and stuff similar to my questions above i would be thankful.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: functionality can it do this

Post by Primal Fear »

Tap and Hold is something that works perfectly with Xpadder. You can also assign two or more keys to one gamepad button.
All will work with the advanced assignments feature.
But can you first make one post here with your member account, so we can be sure you really purchased Xpadder. Because support is only for buyers. ;)

You can also take a look in Cables help index.
You will find nothing about this advanced assignments, since this part isn't ready yet. But it can give you a overview about the basics.

kaekruse1

will have to wait i guess

Post by kaekruse1 »

still awaiting my forum username and password...might take a little while thought it would be instant.
Anyways,yes, i poked around in advanced in assignements and found some stuff like holdzone and then also just being able to enter in multiple assignements for one button...pretty easy at first.
However in my game for example the b button on the xbox controller is for crouch/prone. What this does on the xbox 360 which i want it to do on the same game for pc is when i tap the b button it crouches. when i hold it it prones. when i simply used the hold zone this sort of worked. But one problem. when i hold b button from a crouched position the character stands up and then prones. While what should happen( like in the xbox 360 version) is if i am already crouched and hold the prone buttton the character should go straight to prone without standing up first. This and many other problems i have right now i guess will wait until i finally get my username and password though but i want to mainly work on sensitivity issues etc. to make the controller sticks more like the ps3 and xbox 360 consoles. Right now they are a little hard to play with with just standard wasd and mouse assigned to them. thanks,

Return to “More questions”