'Shift' Key function?

EvangelusE

'Shift' Key function?

Post by EvangelusE »

I use a Saitek Cyborg X Flight Stick for my PC Flight Sims and have had nothing but 'crashes to blue screen' using the Saitek SST software.
Xpadder has been brilliant, no crashes and absolutely no issues mapping keys to my Flightstick controller.

In the SST software (now removed!), one button can be a 'shift key' and, when toggled, the other buttons can have a different set of keyboard strokes. Can Xpadder allow you to have alternative key strokes? Not bothered if it cannot but if there was a way of doing it then................ :)

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: 'Shift' Key function?

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadders equivalent of Saiteks Shift key function is the set feature. But the set feature is even better, you can use up to 8 sets and you can make any button to such an shift button.
You use only the first set at the beginning and you can select any set by clicking on it's number on the lower right of Xpadders main window. You need that to configure the second or else set.

To switch between them with your controller you need to assign this to any button.
Click on the joystick button, you want to use as these shift button. Click on "Advanced" and then on the left side on "Set Selector".
Here you can assign to which and how this button should switch to another set.
"one way" means that Xpadder will switch to this set when you tap the button, but you cannot get back by pressing it again.
So "two way" means the same, but you an switch back by tapping it again.
And "while held" means that Xpadder will switch to this set while you hold this button and switches automatically back when you release it.

EvangelusE

Post by EvangelusE »

Fantastic! Many thanks, what a great piece of software and so glad I downloaded it - worth every cent!

luckyluca

Post by luckyluca »

[quote="EvangelusE"]Fantastic! Many thanks, what a great piece of software and so glad I downloaded it - worth every cent![/quote]

That sounds cool, but would it be possible to assign a SHIFT button to a device to drive the sets of another device?
for instance my G940 logitech is seen by many games as three devices (joystick,throttle and rudder) and wanted to control sets of assignments of the throttle using one joystick button as SHIFT.

I'm waiting for your answer to purchase this amazing piece of software :)
Thanks
Luca

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

If Windows sees them as different devices in the Game Controllers control panel then Xpadder won't be able to change sets to different controllers currently. I say currently because a benefit of buying Xpadder is being able to request new features to future versions of Xpadder. I think this would make a fine addition.

luckyluca

Post by luckyluca »

yes they're different devices, thanks for the quick reply
L

[quote="SGTCableDog"]If Windows sees them as different devices in the Game Controllers control panel then Xpadder won't be able to change sets to different controllers currently. I say currently because a benefit of buying Xpadder is being able to request new features to future versions of Xpadder. I think this would make a fine addition.[/quote]

Return to “More questions”