Smooth aiming

Smooth aiming

Post by guest »

I got the free version of xpadder and like it but I have a question before I but it. Can I sooth the mouse so it acts as if I'm aiming with native joystick support, I tried the look/camera option but mouse movement still feels like it's moving on a grid rather than being perfectly smooth when the joystick moves slowly. Has this been dealt with in the latest version?

I believe I asked before but I didn't try the software to see what look/camera was.

Thank you for your help. :D

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Smooth aiming

Post by Mobeeuz »

Actually, there is no legal free version of xpadder.

Houk

Post by Houk »

Yes, actually there is (or was).

I have Xpadder 4.6, which afaik, was free when I downloaded it. Then starting from 5.x, the author started to charge money for it.

I'm browsing the forum considering buying the latest version. I have the same question as OP, plus :is that true that I only need to buy once then all the future update will be available to me?

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

guest wrote:I tried the look/camera option but mouse movement still feels like it's moving on a grid rather than being perfectly smooth when the joystick moves slowly
The Look/Camera option simulates console stick movements. To assist moving the camera or your viewpoint directly up/down/left or right, a filter is applied to the stick. Without this filter you would need to push the stick exactly 100% up (players rarely do this exactly). Try an FPS game on a console and move the stick up while doing so move it slightly left and right. This minor left/right movement will be ignored.
If you want true stick to mouse movement you need the Cursor mode in the Mouse Settings. This will remove the filter (although at the moment there is a bug with it :oops: ) I am working on it though.
Houk wrote:is that true that I only need to buy once then all the future update will be available to me?
Once you buy Xpadder you are eligible for forum membership. New versions are always released on the forum so yes, buy once, update forever 8)

Return to “More questions”