Ordering problem and questions

ChiroVette

Ordering problem and questions

Post by ChiroVette »

I tried to order it yesterday and encountered a problem. The payment page had BOTH a credit card screen AND a link to go to my PayPal account. I input all my card information and then the system tried to link me to PayPal. Why do you have a credit card screen if it is only going to link me right to PayPal? That makes absolutely no sense.

I have no PayPal account, by the way, so I am going to have to use a friend's account and give him the money if your site will not take my card. Two questions about this:

1. Since it is NOT my PayPal account and my friend has no use for this sotfware, how can he purchase it insuch a way that he is purchasing the rights for ME, meaning that I want my email address attached to the account NOT HIS. I Presumably, your payment system, by default, will grant the user license to whomever makes the payment, and I need this bypassed in order for him to purchase it for me.

2. My friend has security concerns. Does he have to pay through your system OR can he just sent the payment to Jonathan's email addres through PayPal with specic instructons that I am to receive the license and not him?

Thanks!

As an aside, why on Earth do you not take Credit cards? lol Every business I know takes them no matter how small. It is as easy as PayPal AND the fees are a lot smaller, particularly if you aren't accepting AMEX.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Will Xpadder work with the old PS2/PC GTA games?

Post by SGTCableDog »

Jonathan knows this better but I believe that PayPal is processing the credit cards transactions. I tried it using the USA location and the page with the card information is actually PayPal. I don't have a PayPal account, I entered my card info and it brought me to a confirmation page. I didn't press the "Pay now" button but I assume if you do the next page would give you a "receipt" and an option to save your info by creating a PayPal account. It shouldn't be required.

ChiroVette

Re: Will Xpadder work with the old PS2/PC GTA games?

Post by ChiroVette »

No Good. I tried, and the message screen said that the transaction was denied by PayPal. I know the card is good because ritht after the transaction on here declined (and no it did not bring me to PayPal's site) I used it to order something on Amazon.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Ordering problem and questions

Post by Jonathan »

PayPal handles all Xpadder payments. At the moment, with Xpadder being a software download, it is cheaper and easier to use PayPal instead of directly taking credit card payments myself.

After paying you can have the license transferred to another email address.

The payment system is secure. No personal info is taken on the xpadder site. The visual look is designed to match the PayPal page. If you're worried have a look at the browser address bar and look for lock icon (secure server communication).

Transactions are sometimes denied if certain details are missing or incorrect.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Ordering problem and questions

Post by SGTCableDog »

In the past a users card was denied by PayPal and it turned out that the card was associated with an account. He had previously bought something from a site and created a PayPal account.

Return to “More questions”