Can you use joysticks from a ps3 sixaxis controler? are any extra drivers/adjustments needed?

Austinseph

Can you use joysticks from a ps3 sixaxis controler? are any extra drivers/adjustments needed?

Post by Austinseph »

i have used a simmilar program, and before i buy this software i would like to know if my analog sticks will work. Because they simply wont register on my other software for some reason, and it works well otherwise. and i have tried drivers, can you change sensetivity on xpadder?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Can you use joysticks from a ps3 sixaxis controler? are any extra drivers/adjustments needed?

Post by Primal Fear »

The PS3-controller is a very tricky tropic, with the 3rd-Part driver and maybe it's hardware compatibility for PC. Many people doesn't bring it to work with Windows, and for others it seemed to work problem free with the first driver they have installed.

So first, yes you definitely have to install a driver for this controller, otherwise Xpadder cannot detect it (there is no driver for any controller implemented).
The best way to figure out if your PS3pad and the used driver will work with Xpadder, is to go to the Windows Game Controllers Control Panel and to look there if your controller is listed.
Also open the properties of this controller, everything that works there will also work with Xpadder as well.
Austinseph wrote:can you change sensetivity on xpadder?
It's not possible to change anything how this controller interacts directly with games, if you mean that.
Since Xpadder is made to emulate keyboard and mouse input, you can only change how Xpadder should understand this input.
Like you can see here, you can change the DeadZone and the Diagonal Sizes (if you have for example WASD assigned, where for example W and D will be pressed together). Also you can use the the Distance Zones(1-100%) to have for example walk and on run on one stick, depending on how far you push it. Everything is configurable for every profile individually.

aeonfusion

Re: Can you use joysticks from a ps3 sixaxis controler? are any extra drivers/adjustments needed?

Post by aeonfusion »

I'm wondering if it would be possible to map the buttons of a ds3 to a xbox360 format, for example i know i'm able to make the x button on my joypad become a mouse click, but could i in theory make my x button = 360 controller's a button, essentially mapping the buttons of a joypad to the 360 controller so it is detected by windows games, i do already have the joypad working on the pc :)

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Xpadder does not have fuction. It takes controller inputs and sends keyboard presses and mouse movements to Windows. What you need is an XInput emulater. Also note that not all Games for Windows games support 360 controllers, they must support XInput IF they support any game controllers.

Return to “More questions”