Two quick function questions

frago-roc

Two quick function questions

Post by frago-roc »

Just bought xpadder and had a few questions:

How do I set up the joysticks to use WASD if moderately pushed but SHIFT+WASD if pushed further (like in a shooter where light nudges make the character walk and pushes all the way make him run).

Also, how do I make it so when I press a button it will automatically perform a press and hold function for a particular key and just press another key - example, say if I wanted it so that when I quickly press one button on the gamepad, it will make it as if it presses and holds 'shift' and tap '3' once, resulting in the # symbol as apposed to shift being tapped, let go, and 3 being tapped, and let go. I'm bad at explaining but I hope you get the gist.

Thanks,

Frago-roc

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Two quick function questions

Post by Reboot »

The first question I don’t know,

The second, I would do something like this,

Shift, 3 and then a pause.

To check if it’s working, click on “Test” and see if it’s how you won’t it, (#)

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Kloreep »

For the first one, use a distance zone. The format is [input for moderate push] [distance zone slot - percentage specifies where the border is] [input for harder push]
For instance, for the stick-up assignment: [W] [Distance Zone - 70%] [SHIFT] [W]

This will place the distance zone marker at 70% of the stick's extension. Less than 70%, and W will be pressed. More than that, and both Shift and W will be pressed.

frago-roc

Post by frago-roc »

That did it guys, thanks.

Return to “More questions”