credit card cannot be used

hardmoneyman100

credit card cannot be used

Post by hardmoneyman100 »

Hi, I have tried 2 seperate cards and both were not accepted. The cards are valid and correct. Help

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: credit card cannot be used

Post by Jonathan »

This is probably a temporary PayPal bug. Try again tomorrow just to be sure and if it still doesn't work perhaps ask someone to buy Xpadder on your behalf?

hardmoneyman100

I do not understand. I am not going to have some else buy a service for me....My credit cards are good and I am very aware of the status of them. Is this a common place thing that two seperate credit cards do not work. I live in NY and all my billing is in Ct. Is thgere anyone to call and resolve this?
Last edited by SGTCableDog on 14 Nov 2009, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed email address to protect inbox

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

PayPal is completely in charge of the Xpadder payment system. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do personally about them not accepting a card.
When you say they are not accepted does it say why? Invalid card number for example? Is Xpadder appearing correctly at the top of the page and is the amount correct?
I have checked my PayPal account and someone bought Xpadder 20 minutes ago which is after your first post so PayPal is working.
Try once more and if there is still a problem then I suggest trying tomorrow morning.
I have had problems in the past buying train tickets online and having payment problems. It turned out that I had locked myself out by trying too many times and the card, bank or site or something needed to timeout. Very vague answer I'm afraid but I'm not sure exactly what the problem is.

hardmoneyman100

It says ...The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.

I know the card is good as I just checked both with the customer service. They are unsure about your system as the cards are both up to date. It does not give any other reason. I purchase products on line and this is the first time this has come up......and I am over 40 so it is not a glitch with me...haha well maybe!!...Can it be that I am in NY on my computer and the billing info is in CT? I do not thinkl trying tomorrow is the answer. Who can I call and speak with to correct this matter......Thanks!!!

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Reading Paypals help section it says if the card is registered to an account then it can't be used for another account. I recommend contacting Paypal directly as they are responsible for the transaction and Jonathan may not be able to do much on his end.

hardmoneyman100

Thanks I new it was a glitch. I ran into this before. I was using my credit card, I was not paypal. I have had this happen before as Pay Pal wants you to use them and declines other transactions. This has happenned multiple times with their services.
I really want to thank you for your time and patcience with me in resolving this.
Last edited by SGTCableDog on 14 Nov 2009, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I was also going to post that I read that Paypal will deny a credit card if the security code on the back is not used. I hope everything works out.

hardmoneyman100

I did imput the 3 didget code. I only tried this three times with two different cards and have contacted customer service on my cards, verified that there were NO restrictions and the cards had no blocks (I have done this multiole times and know the drill). My customer service person at the merchant confirmed with me that Pay Pay is declining the charge because A. The wantme to use their service which is usually in all their fine prints. B. will not validate my card because I am living in NY and my billing is in CT where I came from a while back (Job Transfer), My computer registers in NY instead of where my billing is.

Direct 2 drive does the same thing....like where you live and where your bills go really matters now a days!
Again...you have been Great.....
Thanks !!!!!!
Last edited by SGTCableDog on 15 Nov 2009, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “More questions”