Button remapping?

jtd871

Button remapping?

Post by jtd871 »

I am a current user of a previous version of Xpadder. I initially installed Xpadder because Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (1) has dodgy support for the wireless X360 controller. The wired X360 controller apparently works just fine. I set up the game's equivalent keyboard presses using the controller buttons with little difficulty, and have been playing the game very happily, thanks.

Would it be possible/feasible to extend Xpadder to

1) permit Xpadder to remap buttons/controls rather than assign keystrokes or mouse events (it would probably need to be mutually exclusive from keyboard/mouse mappings)? For example, in M:UA, the game recognizes the wireless X360 controller A button as X, B as A and X as B. Y = Y, though (go figure). There are a few other mapping issues, but you get the idea. Playing with the keyboard controls also does not generate the rumble effects from the game, as the game thinks you are using a keyboard. This leads into....

2) support for multiple controllers with control event/action remaps? That is, the control event/actions (remapped as necessary as above) would retain the originating controller number so that the game would "know" which player originated the controller event/action.

Sorry, I'm not a user of the paid version, so cannot post this in the "Suggestion" forum.

J

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Button remapping?

Post by mnl1121 »

Jon (the author and creator of Xpadder) does not have any plans to add this type of functionality, sorry.

Sylver Cheetah 53

Post by Sylver Cheetah 53 »

Why not? It would be very useful. :)

FullofQs

Post by FullofQs »

I don't think games that only rely on the keyboard / mouse for input could generate rumble effects.
I mean it looks like the game needs to notify the device to generate a rumble and since it only 'sees' a keyboard it doesn't try to do that (as the game does not 'know' you are using a controller).

Return to “More questions”