Button Question

HerbalAbuse

Button Question

Post by HerbalAbuse »

I've been using your freeware version of Xpadder for years now, I use it to fly jets on BF2 and it works more than good.

I have been reading your forums and found an answer to what I'm looking for- I have the left trigger click (when you press it down) to switch views, I click once and it goes into rear view, click again and it goes to fly-by, click again and it goes to cockpit, then it repeats.
I want it so that I click once and it goes to rear view, click again and it goes into fly-by and repeats etc but I want it so when I HOLD it for half a second or less that it goes to cockpit, it would make switching from rear view and fly-by a lot quicker and I can go to cockpit whenever it suits me.
I read that this feature has been implemented into the 5.7 beta (as far as I'm aware) and am thinking about buying Xpadder solely for that, as there is absolutely nothing else at all that works (Pinnacle Game Profiler doesn't work it's very slow and glitchy).
I want to know if there will be a cycle timeout function, I know it sounds a bit picky, but I want it so that the cycle always starts with rear view when I go from cockpit, so say I was to click and go to rear view, then hold it down to go to cockpit, when I click again it would go to fly-by, I want it to timeout after about 2 seconds so it reverts to rear view (it's very important).
Will this be implemented too?
I only just found this section where you can post before you buy, I didn't notice it before, I know the people on these forums will obviously want me to buy Xpadder, but would there be any other way (small program etc) that I could use alongside Xpadder just to have that hold button function?
I will probably end up buying Xpadder anyway as I like everything to be in one package (especially lightweight and fast like Xpadder) just wondered if there is a simple way to do this.
Thanks for any help

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Button Question

Post by mnl1121 »

With the newest beta version of Xpadder you can indeed set different functions if you hold or just tap a button. What i'm not completely sure about is if you can have it restart after 2 seconds like you want it to. I'll try it myself (maybe using a pause function) and get back to you.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Tap and Hold were added in the stable version 5.6.

You can make assignments change based on how long the button is held (or was held) for. This can cater for your request for detecting if the assignment for Cockpit is held for a certain length of time.

However, there is currently no way to reset cycles, manually or automatically. A cycle reset option has already been requested (by veteran Xpadder user Cable no less) and your query promotes the request further. Cycle commands will now be a feature X vote for v5.8.

In the meantime there is another option. Version 5.7 (currently in its final beta - available to all buyers in the beta forum) adds assignments based on distance. If you are using an analog trigger you could assign the initial 33% of the "trigger squeeze" to cockpit, the middle 33% to rear and the rest of movement to fly-by. Seeing as an analog trigger springs back after you release it this will "reset" you back to cockpit if that makes sense?!

Or you could split all the assignments by time so holding for less than half a second triggers the cockpit, between half and one second triggers the rear view and greater than one second triggers the fly-by. If all these 3 timed assignments are in one cycle then it effectively resets itself when you release the button.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Ah good to see that cleared up. Seeing as i'm not fully familiar with the new feature yet.

Herbalabuse

Post by Herbalabuse »

Thanks for the reply, sorry I wrote it a bit wrong, I'm not using the left trigger to switch views I am using the left analog stick click (push down on it).
I thought about the triggers for a slightly different function that I had in mind, I was thinking of having right trigger (I have set to cannon) so if I push it say up to 90% it would fire the cannon, and the last 10% (hard squeeze) would put me into cockpit, that way I could have the left analog stick click set to switch between rear-view and fly-by and use the right trigger for cockpit, but that would be a sort of bodge job lol
I'm glad you've taken the cycle commands into consideration, I'm sure a lot of people that haven't commented about it would like it too, even if they don't use it, would be an extra feature to play with.
The hold-tap different functions sound good, I could use them for a lot more than the view switching I suggested, sounds like only a couple more betas and you'll have pretty much everything in a lightweight package that uses pretty much no resources.
I've made up my mind about buying then lol I've been after this feature for years, like I said Pinnacle Game Profiler has a lot of tempting features but they just don't work properly it's too slow and glitchy and bloated- don't mean to sound like a PGP hater on Xpadder forums lol but it is

Return to “More questions”