The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (X360), alternative QuickLaunches

Share and discuss profiles
Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (X360), alternative QuickLaunches

Post by Primal Fear »

This profiles main difference to my other Oblivion profile is that the QuickLaunches are not on the Dpad, but instead on the right stick while holding the right shoulder button. Therefore the Dpad can be used to navigate through menus. The following text is almost the same, so you can skip reading every part that is not orange if you have already read this in my other profile. Also the necessary changes in the Oblivion.ini as well as in the Options of the game are the same, so you don't have to change anything again, if you already did that.

It can occur that Xpadder gets stuck in Set2 or Set3 if you tap the right stick button/right shoulder button too fast, in that case press the right stick button once to get back in Set1 (under normal circumstances this should be almost impossible).
If a assignment has two names separated by a /, then it means that the first one is assigned on tap and the second one on hold.
Tapping B will alternately open the Inventory and the Spell Book, holding it will close them (including Character Sheet and Journal).
Highlight menu entries with the left stick or the Dpad and select them by tapping the left stick button or A (doesn't work in every menu).
Move the mouse cursor with the right stick and select menu entries under it by tapping the right stick button or A.
Hold the right stick button to rotate the camera around your character with the right stick and to zoom in/out the camera and scroll up/down with left stick up/down.
Hold the right shoulder button, to select quick launches with the right stick or to bind them in the inventory by also pressing one of the stick buttons, for Quicksave by tapping Start and Quickload by holding Back (for 0.70seconds).
Hold the left trigger and while clicking on an item in the inventory to drop it, the left trigger partially also changes the function of the left stick/Dpad in menus
Hold the right trigger to hold the left mouse button, that is necessary to scroll through the map.

Important:To properly use this profile are following steps necessary:
1.|Not necessary for Steam versions or other digital distribbutions|Download and in install the latest patch. Be aware that there are different patches for the main game and the add-on "Shivering Isles" and for each available language, make sure to select the correct one for you. (necessary to fix a bug that makes it impossible to change key bindings)
2.Open the Oblivion.ini, you'll find it under "My Documents/My Games/Oblivion", and edit the value "bUse Joystick=" from 1 to 0 (deactivates the native controller support)
3.Change the following key bindings in the game, under Options>Controls>Controls.
  • Run=LShift->X
    Attack=nothing->B
    Mouse:
    Attack=LMouseButton->nothing (press Escape)
4.|Not for Windows XP|Run Xpadder as admin because of Windows UAC, more informations here.

Also: The game has a pretty strange bug, sometimes the standard is walk and the walk modifier makes you run and sometimes it is exactly thew other way. I have save games with both possibilities. :roll:
So if your character runs if the left stick is slightly pushed and walks if the stick pushed further, simply activate CapsLock.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=Oblivion alternative (X360)
KeyTapTime=2
Set1Name=Main
Set1DPadMode=FourWay
Set2Name=Cam. Rot.
Set2DPadMode=Vertical
Set3Name=Sel. Quickl.
Set3StickDeadZones=64,154
Set3DPadMode=FourWay
Set3Stick2Mode=EightWay
Set1Button1Name=Jump
Set1Button1Slots=E,Enter,Left Mouse Button (1)
Set1Button2Name=Inventory/Close
Set1Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,F2,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,Tab,CYCLE STOP,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,F3,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,Tab
Set1Button3Name=Interact
Set1Button3Slots=Space
Set1Button4Name=Journal/Wait
Set1Button4Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,F4,RELEASE ZONE 0.50s,HOLD ZONE 0.50s,T
Set1Button5Name=Draw weapon
Set1Button5Slots=F
Set1Button6Name=Cast Spell/QuickL.
Set1Button6Toggle=1
Set1Button6Turbo=1
Set1Button6TurboRate=2
Set1Button6SetSelect=2
Set1Button7Name=Char. Sheet
Set1Button7Slots=F1
Set1Button8Name=Pause
Set1Button8Slots=Escape
Set1Button9Name=Crouch/Grab Item
Set1Button9Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Left Control,Enter,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,Y,Z
Set1Button10Name=change/turn camera
Set1Button10Toggle=1
Set1Button10Turbo=1
Set1Button10TurboRate=2
Set1Button10SetSelect=1
Set1DPadUpName=menu up
Set1DPadUpSlots=Arrow Up
Set1DPadRightName=menu right
Set1DPadRightSlots=Arrow Right
Set1DPadDownName=menu down
Set1DPadDownSlots=Arrow Down
Set1DPadLeftName=menu left
Set1DPadLeftSlots=Arrow Left
Set1Stick1UpName=move, menu
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,X,W,Arrow Up
Set1Stick1RightName=move, menu
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,X,D,Arrow Right
Set1Stick1DownName=move, menu
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,X,S,Arrow Down
Set1Stick1LeftName=move, menu
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,X,A,Arrow Left
Set1Stick2UpName=look
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2RightName=turn>
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2DownName=look
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2LeftName=<turn
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=64
Set1TriggerLeftName=Block, alter menu
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2),Left Shift
Set1TriggerRightName=Attack
Set1TriggerRightSlots=B,Left Mouse Button (1)
Set2Button5Name=Draw Weapon
Set2Button5Slots=F
Set2Button6Name=Cast Spell
Set2Button6Slots=C
Set2Button10Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,R,Left Mouse Button (1),RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,R
Set2Button10Toggle=1
Set2Button10SetSelect=0
Set2Stick1UpName=zoom cam, scroll
Set2Stick1UpSlots=Mouse Wheel Up,CYCLE STOP,PAUSE 0.01s,CYCLE STOP,PAUSE 0.01s,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Mouse Wheel Up,CYCLE STOP,Mouse Wheel Up
Set2Stick1UpTurbo=1
Set2Stick1DownName=zoom cam, scroll
Set2Stick1DownSlots=Mouse Wheel Down,CYCLE STOP,PAUSE 0.01s,CYCLE STOP,PAUSE 0.01s,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Mouse Wheel Down,CYCLE STOP,Mouse Wheel Down
Set2Stick1DownTurbo=1
Set2Stick2UpName=rotate cam.
Set2Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set2Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2RightName=rotate cam.
Set2Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set2Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2DownName=rotate cam.
Set2Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set2Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2LeftName=rotate cam.
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set2Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set2TriggerLeftSlots=Left Shift
Set3Button6Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,C,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s
Set3Button6Toggle=1
Set3Button6SetSelect=0
Set3Button7Name=QuLoad (Hold)
Set3Button7Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.70s,F9
Set3Button8Name=QuSave (Tap)
Set3Button8Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,F5,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s
Set3Button9Name=Bind Item
Set3Button9Slots=Enter
Set3Button10Name=Bind Item
Set3Button10Slots=Enter
Set3DPadUpName=menu up
Set3DPadUpSlots=Arrow Up
Set3DPadUpMouseSpeed=32
Set3DPadRightName=menu right
Set3DPadRightSlots=Arrow Right
Set3DPadRightMouseSpeed=32
Set3DPadDownName=menu down
Set3DPadDownSlots=Arrow Down
Set3DPadDownMouseSpeed=32
Set3DPadLeftName=menu left
Set3DPadLeftSlots=Arrow Left
Set3DPadLeftMouseSpeed=32
Set3Stick1UpName=Move, menu
Set3Stick1UpSlots=W,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,X,W,Arrow Up
Set3Stick1RightName=Move, menu
Set3Stick1RightSlots=D,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,X,D,Arrow Right
Set3Stick1DownName=Move, menu
Set3Stick1DownSlots=S,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,X,S,Arrow Down
Set3Stick1LeftName=Move, menu
Set3Stick1LeftSlots=A,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,X,A,Arrow Left
Set3Stick2UpSlots=1
Set3Stick2RightSlots=3
Set3Stick2DownSlots=5
Set3Stick2LeftSlots=7
Set3Stick2UpRightSlots=2
Set3Stick2DownRightSlots=4
Set3Stick2DownLeftSlots=6
Set3Stick2UpLeftSlots=8
Set3TriggerLeftName=alter menu
Set3TriggerLeftSlots=Left Shift

Ochre Jelly

Re: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (X360), alternative QuickLaunches

Post by Ochre Jelly »

Someone please help. I am trying to move from the Xbox version of Oblivion to the Steam PC version and regard a controller as mandatory. I just bought and downloaded the most recent version of xpadder, adjusted my ini joystick setting to 0, and modified the couple key bindings you mention. I set xpadder to run as Administrator. When I load my game, both directional pads work, but that is it. No other buttons do anything. What am I doing wrong? I can confirm that when I turn off xpadder and start the game, I cannot move at all (i.e. neither directional stick, or any other button for that matter, works).

I pasted the code above into a notepad doc and saved it as a dot xpadderprofile doc. Then I loaded it. However, the image of my controller did not change. Is that supposed to happen? I also tried to paste the above code directly into xpadder by using the Paste option in the dropdown on the Profile side. No luck. What am I doing wrong? I have spent hours trying to get this program to work and would love to play Oblivion on PC after my 600-hour Skyrim run. Thanks!!!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you create the controller layout, before pasting the profile?

Ochre Jelly

Post by Ochre Jelly »

Primal Fear wrote:Did you create the controller layout, before pasting the profile?
No. Hahahaha!! :noob: Oh man. The irony is that I thought someone else's question (on your other xbox profile string) was dumb. Thank you. I guess I thought that stage just "magically" did itself.

This works like a charm. Brilliant work, Primal Fear. And thank you for your prompt assistance. Oblivion IS xbox controller -compatible with minimal loss of play control. I'll spread the word. :leftthumbup:

Return to “Game Profiles”