XBOX 360 controller trigger sensitivity

tyshalle83

XBOX 360 controller trigger sensitivity

Post by tyshalle83 »

I just bought xpadder, and I'm trying to configure it so that the triggers correspond to the mouse scroll wheel. I can assign the keys easily enough, but the problem is that I can't figure out if there's a way to adjust how much it scrolls based on how hard you pull the trigger. For instance, if I pull the trigger 1/4th of the way down, I would want it to scroll slowly. But if I pull the trigger all the way, I would want it to scroll fast. Easy enough, in theory.

The same principle goes with the joysticks. It's obvious that xpadder recognizes how hard you're pulling the triggers or pushing the joysticks, but I can't figure out a way to actually do anything with that responsiveness. Any help?

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Re: XBOX 360 controller trigger sensitivity

Post by Kloreep »

tyshalle83 wrote:I just bought xpadder, and I'm trying to configure it so that the triggers correspond to the mouse scroll wheel. I can assign the keys easily enough, but the problem is that I can't figure out if there's a way to adjust how much it scrolls based on how hard you pull the trigger. For instance, if I pull the trigger 1/4th of the way down, I would want it to scroll slowly. But if I pull the trigger all the way, I would want it to scroll fast. Easy enough, in theory.

The same principle goes with the joysticks. It's obvious that xpadder recognizes how hard you're pulling the triggers or pushing the joysticks, but I can't figure out a way to actually do anything with that responsiveness. Any help?
I'm afraid I don't think this is possible.

One piece of what you're looking for, the ability to change keyboard input based on the position of an analog controller input, is in Xpadder already. They're called "distance zones." E.g. by setting up this in the advanced assignment for a trigger:
[A] [Distance Zone - 50%]
The trigger with this assignment would press "A" if the trigger were held somewhere in the first half of its range, or would instead press "B" if it was depressed far enough that it was past the 50% point.

However, the other feature I believe you'd need for this is the ability to change input tap frequency within an assignment, which isn't possible. Apparently it's planned though.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Take a look here, this is a primitive but also relatively complicated way how to do this.
When the "SlotMachine" is ready, them it will be easier and better configurable.

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Kloreep »

Primal Fear wrote:Take a look here, this is a primitive but also relatively complicated way how to do this.
Ah, nice! I'd forgotten about that clever set-up, thanks for posting.

Return to “Other questions”