Onimusha 3: It doesn't always do the assigned key.

Ramiel

Onimusha 3: It doesn't always do the assigned key.

Post by Ramiel »

Hi,

I am running Windows Vista (32 bit), and my game pad is the wired Logitech Rumble Pad 2 In Onimusha 3, I just want to swap button 1 with button 3 so I plug my game pad in, run Xpadder, and then start the game. I assign "J" to button 1 and "U" to button 3. Unfortunately, when I press the button 1 or 3, it sometimes does what I want, sometimes does as set by the original game configuration. How can I solve this problem?

HELP!
Ramiel

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Onimusha 3: It doesn't always do the assigned key.

Post by Kloreep »

I assume "J" and "U" are the keyboard commands for the game actions Buttons 1 and 3 are assigned to?

If you're still using the game's own native support, no wonder. Xpadder cannot mess with other programs to disable their access to the controller and its buttons, it just does its own keyboard/mouse emulation in the background. So probably what's going on is that Onimusha is reading Buttons 1 & 3 as their original commands, and also reading taps of the "J" and "U" keys that Xpadder is creating. Whichever happens to reach the game first, it acts on.

If Onimusha lets you remap the controller, or if you can do it outside of the game in a configuration file, just disable the buttons you swapped, and let Xpadder handle them exclusively. If Onimusha does not let you do that, I'm afraid the only solution is likely going to be to disable Onimusha's native support completely, and map everything through Xpadder.

Ramiel

Post by Ramiel »

There is "configure input" in the game but it does nothing because of the incompatibility to Vista. Outside of the game, there seems to be a configuration file named "config_j.ldt" but I can't read it.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You should try Option 2 from here. I hope you have another gamepad somewhere.

Ramiel

Post by Ramiel »

Thank you for your suggestion.

Option 2 doesn't work with this game. I used to try plugging the gamepad after running the game so that the game won't detect the gamepad. It work quite well but there are some problems in using this method:
1) The analoque stick controls the directions of motion of the game character discretely not continuously because the directions assigned to the analoque stick are the 8 direction keys.
2) This game is not well ported from PS2 so that the keyboard cannot do something the gamepad can such as 1D movement while in ready position.

In my opinion, the best way is to keep using the in-game button configuration but somehow swap button 1 to button 3. I guess I will be able to do this if I can edit the "config_j.ldt" file. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have found this. Did you already install this patch they refer to.

Patch 1.1
Euro version
US version

Ramiel

Post by Ramiel »

Thank you for your information.
I've already installed patch 1.1.0, but I still can't configure input. T-T

Return to “Other questions”