BioShock 2 (X360)

Share and discuss profiles
gorkypah

BioShock 2 (X360)

Post by gorkypah »

I wanted a Bioshock 2 profile that focuses on simplicity. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles other profiles have. I took the layout from Bioshock 2 for the Xbox 360 and slightly modified it. Feel free to edit it as you need.

Controls:

A Use/Interact/Activate
B Melee Attack/Gunbutt
X Reload
Y Jump
Left Stick Move
Left Stick (Click) Toggle Crouch
Right Stick Look
Right Stick (Click) Aim with Iron Sights (while Looking)
Left Bumper Cycle Plasmids
Right Bumper Cycle weapons
Left Trigger Use Plasmid
Right Trigger Fire weapon/Use Drill
D-Pad Left Diary
D-Pad Up Map
D-Pad Down Hack
D-Pad Right Use First Aid Kit
Back Quick Save
Start Menu/Pause screen

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
Version=2010.05.03
Name=Bioshock 2 360
Set1Button1Name=Use
Set1Button1Slots=F
Set1Button2Name=Melee
Set1Button2Slots=Left Shift
Set1Button3Name=Reload
Set1Button3Slots=R
Set1Button4Name=Jump
Set1Button4Slots=Space
Set1Button5Name=Cycle Plasmids
Set1Button5Slots=Q
Set1Button6Name=Cycle Weapons
Set1Button6Slots=Mouse Wheel Down
Set1Button7Name=Quick Save
Set1Button7Slots=F12
Set1Button8Name=Pause
Set1Button8Slots=P
Set1Button9Name=Crouch
Set1Button9Slots=C
Set1Button10Name=Zoom
Set1Button10Slots=T
Set1DPadUpName=Map
Set1DPadUpSlots=M
Set1DPadRightName=First Aid
Set1DPadRightSlots=Left Control
Set1DPadDownName=Hack
Set1DPadDownSlots=B
Set1DPadLeftName=Diary
Set1DPadLeftSlots=L
Set1Stick1UpName=Up
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W
Set1Stick1RightName=Right
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D
Set1Stick1DownName=Down
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S
Set1Stick1LeftName=Left
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set1Stick2UpName=Look
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2RightName=Look
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2DownName=Look
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2LeftName=Look
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1TriggerLeftName= Plasmid
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1TriggerRightName=Fire
Set1TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)

gorkypah

Re: Bioshock 2 (360 Controller)

Post by gorkypah »

One thing I noticed is that the right bumper is assigned to next weapon, but it goes backwards. I don't know if this needs to be changed. Comments welcome.

YoJembo
Xpadder Xpert

Post by YoJembo »

If you want a fun profile that is not a straightout vanilla copy of the Xbox profile but one that exploits the unique capabilities of Xpadder try here. :keen:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Aha, advertisement! :shifty:

KnyteOwl

Post by KnyteOwl »

@gorkypah:

Sorry in advance if this is a newb question or request, but I'm having a problem. I don't know how to copy/paste raw code into xpadder. I'm very new to xpadder, and am not familiar with it's more advanced features and functions. When I copy this code, then select 'paste' in xpadder (is that even how you're supposed to enter the code into xpadder?), the profile stays blank. Is there any way I could persuade you to post the profile as a file instead of raw code? It strikes me that this would simplify things greatly for newbs like me

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Kloreep »

There's a "paste" option for both the controller file (on the left) and the profile (on the right). You need to use the one on the right.

ImageImage

KnyteOwl

Post by KnyteOwl »

Thanks for the tip; the screenshots are especially helpful. Nonetheless, the profile is still coming up blank after I paste in the code. Does this mean xpadder isn't recognizing the code I just put in? While I would like to report on my progress with Bioshock 2, I've been having technical problems with it, and haven't been able to test it. I will let you know how well I'm progressing as soon as I'm able to iron out my technical problems with the game. On a final note though, I still with all due respect, don't understand why it isn't easier to post the profile as a file instead of raw code. I've seen that xpadder saves profiles you've created as a file, and it strikes me that posting them in that format (or maybe even both for experienced users who prefer to work with the raw code) would greatly simplify things for inexperienced newbies like myself.

gorkypah

Post by gorkypah »

KnyteOwl wrote:Thanks for the tip; the screenshots are especially helpful. Nonetheless, the profile is still coming up blank after I paste in the code. Does this mean xpadder isn't recognizing the code I just put in? While I would like to report on my progress with Bioshock 2, I've been having technical problems with it, and haven't been able to test it. I will let you know how well I'm progressing as soon as I'm able to iron out my technical problems with the game. On a final note though, I still with all due respect, don't understand why it isn't easier to post the profile as a file instead of raw code. I've seen that xpadder saves profiles you've created as a file, and it strikes me that posting them in that format (or maybe even both for experienced users who prefer to work with the raw code) would greatly simplify things for inexperienced newbies like myself.
Did you create a layout for your Xbox 360 controller and set all the buttons before pasting the profile?

YoJembo
Xpadder Xpert

Post by YoJembo »

KnyteOwl wrote:Thanks for the tip; the screenshots are especially helpful. Nonetheless, the profile is still coming up blank after I paste in the code. Does this mean xpadder isn't recognizing the code I just put in? While I would like to report on my progress with Bioshock 2, I've been having technical problems with it, and haven't been able to test it. I will let you know how well I'm progressing as soon as I'm able to iron out my technical problems with the game. On a final note though, I still with all due respect, don't understand why it isn't easier to post the profile as a file instead of raw code. I've seen that xpadder saves profiles you've created as a file, and it strikes me that posting them in that format (or maybe even both for experienced users who prefer to work with the raw code) would greatly simplify things for inexperienced newbies like myself.
:D It's up to posters if they want to offer a link to a filesite with the file. But treat that code like simple text Knyte. (After having assigning all the buttons etc. in the left side menu.)

Hit "select all" to highlight the text in the above code window here,
hit Ctrl+C or right click on that text and select "copy" from the context menu.
In the Xpadder right side menu hit "new",
then "paste",
then "save" and name the file. This way Xpadder autopops the file to the right place.
Test to see that it all works,
then run the game.
Ta da!
Enjoy. :)

PS: Mods, please feel free to edit or excise this post, cheers.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

KnyteOwl wrote:I've seen that xpadder saves profiles you've created as a file, and it strikes me that posting them in that format (or maybe even both for experienced users who prefer to work with the raw code) would greatly simplify things for inexperienced newbies like myself.
The cut and paste method is easiest for the poster, no need to create account to upload file to a hosting site. And downloading is easier because there is no need to find the file and move it to another folder then having to search for the file in Xpadders open dialog. But if you would rather work with a file you could copy the code then paste it into Notepad. Save it using .xpadderprofile as its extention.

gorkypah

Post by gorkypah »

Let me know what you think of my layout after you sort out all your technical problems. Thanks. :D

KnyteOwl

Post by KnyteOwl »

@gorkypah:

Well, after finally ironing out my technical issues (DVD rom was dying, and it perpetually thought the drive was empty when there was actually a disc in it; I replaced it, and also added a new video card [Nvidia GeForce 450 GTS]), I'm pleased to report that I was able to try out your profile with Bioshock 2, and it works great. I was a little confused at first as to how to copy/paste in the code, but with the tips everyone here provided, I've figured it out, and am now using Xpadder without issues. Many thanks to the community for all the courteous, and helpful tips! I also didn't notice at first that these forums don't provide a means of posting attachments, so I didn't realize right away that there was no easy way of posting profiles as files. Now that I've gotten better acquainted with Xpadder, and know how to create and insert custom profiles into it, I'm actually considering buying some other PC games that I avoided before (Fable, Modern Warfare 2, etc) because they don't natively support gamepads. Great job on the profile, works fine with no problems! :D

I would if I may, also like to make a couple of suggestions about possible improvements to the profile :idea:. I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone for them to know that the X-Box 360 gamepad (like almost all gamepads since the original PSX dualshock) has clickable joysticks. In BS1, crouch, and ironsights were assigned to these. Is there any way is these assignments can be setup on the 360 gamepad through xpadder? Also, since xpadder can give the same button different assignments depending on whether the button is pressed, or held, it strikes me that the A button could be assigned a dual function for playing the audio diaries when held down just as in the original BS. I think that if this profile is still being worked on, these would make great additions. Short of those suggestions, the profile works great. I only make these suggestions because given that I have my computer connected to my television, a gamepad is much more practical than keyboard/mouse, thus, the more assignments that can be put on the gamepad, the better.

@SGTCableDog:

You know, I don't know why it didn't occur to me to paste the code into notepad, then save it as an xpadder file using it's extenson, but that was a great tip, and I appreciate it. That seems so obvious in fact *palm to forehead*, that I'm quite frankly a bit embarassed I didn't think of it on my own, so please pardon the brain fart.

whoden

Re: BioShock 2 (X360)

Post by whoden »

So, this is a good set-up. I can't say I like it more than the others as it's the only one I've tried so far. But it seems to be the simplest and most straightforward one, at least. The only problem I have with it is I can't switch ammo types.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

That seems not to be used in this profile. I would make a Tap and Hold assignment on the Reload Button, Tap would be reload and hold change ammo.
What keys are for switching ammo?

whoden

Post by whoden »

Switching ammo is middle mouse button or brackets [].
I don't know how long Xpadder has supported the tap/hold function, but since it does, couldn't someone make a profile that is identical to Bioshock 1?

Return to “Game Profiles”