Post by Jonathan »

Copy all the Profile data in the forum post that you want to download
Profile data looks like this:

Code: Select all

;----------------------
; Xpadder Profile File
;----------------------

Version=2014.01.01
Click the "Select All" link above it and press Ctrl+C to copy it (or you can right-click on the selected text and select Copy)

In Xpadder open the Profile menu and select Paste. If you like the profile you can save it.

dlninja

Re: How to download a profile

Post by dlninja »

I follow the instruction on "how to download a profile". But I keep getting a " Range check error" Why?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Make sure you are using the most recent version of Xpadder.

langman21

Post by langman21 »

I have been trying this for a half-hr and have had no luck and I just purchased the newest version so it isnt' the version that is the issue, I have been trying to copy a Bioshock 2 profile.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You need to create a controller layout first.
Last edited by Primal Fear on 09 May 2014, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link

iAxxeeL

Post by iAxxeeL »

For me it seems to say:

Error

Cannot paste newer profile data

The pasted profile data was created by a newer version and cannot be pasted.

I just bought & downloaded it a few minutes ago.

EDIT: Nevermind, I assumed that I would get the latest download from the /download.php/ page ;)

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

The version provided initially is one version behind to ensure buyers get the most stable version.
I do think the Error should be more of a warning and Xpadder should allow the profile to open anyway - I'll look into it.

perrywright

Post by perrywright »

Hi , i added cod 4 profile which can be seen in the profile bar now , what next ? do i set keys up agin? do i go to COD 4 control settings ? do i chose default settings option? thansk in advance.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Minimize Xpadder and run COD :)

83.net

Post by 83.net »

hi,
i have a problem (sorry for my english) I upload the latest version of xpadder and i want to copy profile for gta san andreas but when i past i see this message:
"Erreur

Invalid controller data

The pasted controller data is not valid." why?

thanks,

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You have used the controller menu on the left side, but you have to use the profile menu on the right side.

83.net wrote:I upload the latest version of xpadder
To prevent future misunderstandings, I'm pretty sure that you have downloaded Xpadder.

83.net

Post by 83.net »

thank you very much but now i see this:

Erreur

Cannot paste newer profile data

The pasted profile data was created by a newer version and cannot be pasted.

thank you for your help

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Download the actual version of Xpadder.
It will still tell you that this profile was created with a newer version, but you can decide to open it nevertheless. The worst thing that could happen (but in this case won't) is that some functions of the profile are missing.

jcjv_6

Post by jcjv_6 »

when i try to paste profile i get message no image on clipboard

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You have pasted the profile in the Controller Settings, so where actually the controller image can be pasted.
A profile has to pasted in the profile menu in the main window (right side).

Make sure that you have created your controller layout before.
Last edited by Primal Fear on 09 May 2014, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link

emmyrn1

Post by emmyrn1 »

The pasted controller data is not valid. this is the message I get...cant seem to figure this out. trying to get mass effect 3 profile...any suggestions? just bought and the newest version available

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

There are two differnent menus. One is the controller menu used to save/load controller layouts.

You use the profile menu to save/load profiles.

andre.depit

Post by andre.depit »

Hi,
Just a quick question. How do I save a profile for a game and then start a profile for a different game? I have done a MW3 profile which I looked at from youtube which works well but I then tried to do a new profile for Xbox 360 controller for Team fortress 2 and all I seemed to do was wipe my MW3 profile even though I had saved this and so therefore I had to do my MW3 profile again. So I therefore used my mw3 profile for team fortress which wasn't ideal!! Any ideas would be good if you did video tutorials on this and made it easier to find topics when you are searching! I still love this as I can play MW3 but needs improving.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Open the profile menu and click on "Save as...". A windows opens that should show the folder with the Xpadder.exe, now you can select where to save the profile and give it a name. You can save it directly next to the Xpadder.exe, in an new folder called for example "Profiles" (I have different folders for my different controllers) or under "My documents". The next time you want to save or load a profile, this last used folder will directly be opened.
If you can click on "Save" (it's not grayed out) in the profile menu, then this profile already exists somewhere as a file. If you click on it the old file will be overwritten, but note that Xpadder will not ask before that.

To load a profile, click in the profile menu on "Open..." and select the profile. Alternatively you can click on the area that shows the name of the current profile, to select from a list of your 4 last used profiles.

If you click on "New" to create a new profile or close Xpadder completely, Xpadder will ask you if you want to save possible unsaved changes. Only if you click on "Do not save" or if you force Xpadder to close via the Task Manager or a system shutdown, Profiles or Controller Layout can get lost.

stephensean

Post by stephensean »

New user here. In the do-it-right-now mode, I am using this post -- first thing noticed is that, before you can copy profile info, you must create a controller layout, and a link is provided (http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=726). Trouble is, this brings up an empty topic with the words "You are not authorized to view this forum", though - well, I am a licensed user and clearly have an ID, etc.. - I think it's really just a bad link/topic? Can someone point me at a valid top on creating a layout? I imagine I can fumble through it, but there are a number of ways to do this it seems, and though there are images posted with various game layouts, these are all .jpg and from what I can tell, an image that can be read by Xpadder needs to be a .bmp (another post I read).

Noob fever - apologies. If there is a corrected link re: create a controller layout, it would be appreciated.
Cheers,
SSean

Xpadder recognzied my xbox 360 wireless, no problem. I did (I think) create layout, as in I opened a blank new controller layout. Then, I "pasted" on the Profile side the content from a particular profile I want (used select-all and copy), and it pasted with no issue. It seems that the individual mappings are there, from what I can tell - but, there is no image. Do I need to also paste/import image(s) in order to have a graphic? I just figured xpadder would be able to assemble it from the profile information and it's knowledge of the 360 controller, but - no?

Thanks again, SSean.

ryanmartel6

Post by ryanmartel6 »

I just got the message the pasted controller data is not valid. this is the message I get...I've used xpadder before and it worked. I have a controller layout and understand that the left side is to paste controller layouts and the right is to paste game profiles. I also have the most current version (2013. 7.18). I'm getting the invalid message for each profile I try to download. Anyone else get this error?

ryanmartel6

Post by ryanmartel6 »

I just did it the old fashion way. I copied the game profile and put it into notepad and saved it under the extension .xpadderprofile then opened it with xpadder and it worked. This might help others who can't directly paste into xpadder.

Scrapmetal100

Post by Scrapmetal100 »

Where can I download profiles?

prclark1701

Post by prclark1701 »

I pasted the profile for Star Trek online but it still want let me use all the function with my pad in game

ceocass20052000

Post by ceocass20052000 »

I need a controler profile for rust were and how do i dl ?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Read the first post in this very topic for "how do you download", and check this very sub forum (Game Profiles), press Ctrl+F and type Rust for "where do you download".

callumhawkhead2000

Post by callumhawkhead2000 »

hello i am struggling with some profiles i want... i download an image and assign my buttons from my controller on the image then paste the profile/all that code thing on the profile tab but then it comes up with "Confirmation

Save new controller before pasting another controller?

Controller Controller (XBOX One For Windows)

The controller file for this controller will need to be created again if you do not save.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Two thing:
1. Save your controller file otherwise you will you it when you close Xpadder ot shutdown your PC (and still refuse to save it)
2. You paste the profile in the wrong menu, use the profile menu on the right side of the main window.

huntarded13

Post by huntarded13 »

I have a question, I setup my layout ect but on the profile menu everything is greyed out. How do I paste in a profile?

Return to “Game Profiles”