Newb trying to figure out how this works...

Jameson

Newb trying to figure out how this works...

Post by Jameson »

I mapped my 360 controller successfully, Xpadder is running and the controller works on the desktop. I saved the profile to slot 1 and when I run a game the controller does nothing. What do I need to do?

Jameson

Re: Newb trying to figure out how this works...

Post by Jameson »

Apparently it does not work with WAR (use keyboard/mouse you idiot! There, I said it for you). Is there a list of compatible games? I am slightly disappointed I didn't find this out until after purchasing :(

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Jameson wrote:Apparently it does not work with WAR... Is there a list of compatible games? I am slightly disappointed I didn't find this out until after purchasing :(
Its the first time I ever heard of a game called War. I searched all over the Internet by Google search and could not find any such game.
However if you are playing some sort of War game and its kb & mouse and you've mapped all the keys and its not working, then you'll need to start Xpadder as Administrator.

Jameson

Post by Jameson »

WAR, Warhammer Age of Reckoning. I am logged into Win7 as an admin. Is that what you mean? The controller with mapping by Xpadder works in windows on the desktop, but when I run the game the controller no longer functions.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Jameson wrote:WAR, Warhammer Age of Reckoning. I am logged into Win7 as an admin. Is that what you mean? The controller with mapping by Xpadder works in windows on the desktop, but when I run the game the controller no longer functions.
Then this game being an Online game might have Hackshield or Gameguard blocking Xpadder from working, thinking you're cheating. (Now I'm not certain about that).
The other thing, if you are logged in as Admin in Windows 7 then you'll have to start Xpadder as Administrator.
The way you do that, is right click on Xpadder and run as Administrator.
Or you can right click and select Properties > Compatibility > Privilege Level > check box next to Run this program as an Administrator for an all time run.
Another item, make sure and have Xpadder running in the system tray next to the clock.
One other item to not overlook, if you have more than one profile made and its loaded in Xpadder, make sure and select the appropriate profile for your game.
Those are just some of the options you can troubleshoot to make sure your profile would work.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Warhammer Online seems to use PunkBuster. That means it should work with Xpadder, but you have to run Xpadder as admin as the game is running with administrator rights too.

Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Thanks a lot. I had to run it as admin. Thanks everyone : )

Return to “Other questions”