Bioshock 2 (X360), similar to Bioshock 1

Share and discuss profiles
Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Bioshock 2 (X360), similar to Bioshock 1

Post by Primal Fear »

This profile is as similar as possible to the native controller support of the first part.
The only differences are as follows:
1. The ammo selection is on Dpad left/right (so cycle backward/forward), as it isn't possible anymore to select the ammo directly
2. Medkit is also on Dpad down.
3. I have of course also added the new functions Melee Attack, Telekinesis Shield, Drill Dash and Scout Mode. For Melee Attack tap the right shoulder button (so no weapon cycle), for Telekinesis Shield hold the left trigger (with telekineses) and hold the left stick button, for Drill Dash hold the right trigger (with drill) and press Y and for the Scout Mode simply press Dpad up.
4. Also I have added Quick Save on tapping Start and Quick Load on holding Back (0.70s+), both when holding one of the shoulder buttons.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.03.28
Name=BioShock2 (X360)
Set1Name=Main
Set1StickDeadZones=64,66
Set1StickDiagonalSizes=45,80
Set1DPadMode=FourWay
Set2Name=Sel Plasm
Set2StickDeadZones=64,206
Set2Stick2Mode=EightWay
Set3Name=Sel Wnp
Set3StickDeadZones=64,206
Set3Stick2Mode=EightWay
Set4StickDiagonalSizes=45,80
Set1Button1Name=Use, Pick Up, Adopt
Set1Button1Slots=F
Set1Button2Name=Medkit
Set1Button2Slots=Left Control
Set1Button3Name=Reload, Hack, Harvest 
Set1Button3Slots=B,R,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,R
Set1Button4Name=Jump
Set1Button4Slots=Space
Set1Button5Name=Cyc/Sel Plasmid
Set1Button5Toggle=1
Set1Button5Turbo=1
Set1Button5TurboRate=2
Set1Button5SetSelect=1
Set1Button6Name=Melee/Sel Wpn
Set1Button6Toggle=1
Set1Button6Turbo=1
Set1Button6TurboRate=2
Set1Button6SetSelect=2
Set1Button7Name=Diary/Map
Set1Button7Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,L,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,M
Set1Button8Name=Main Menu
Set1Button8Slots=Escape
Set1Button9Name=Crouch
Set1Button9Slots=C
Set1Button10Name=Zoom
Set1Button10Slots=T
Set1DPadUpName=Scoutmode
Set1DPadUpSlots=J
Set1DPadRightName=Next Ammo
Set1DPadRightSlots=Right Square Bracket,Equals
Set1DPadDownName=Medkit
Set1DPadDownSlots=Left Control
Set1DPadLeftName=Prev. Ammo
Set1DPadLeftSlots=Left Square Bracket,Minus
Set1Stick1UpName=Move
Set1Stick1UpSlots=W
Set1Stick1RightName=Move
Set1Stick1RightSlots=D
Set1Stick1DownName=Move
Set1Stick1DownSlots=S
Set1Stick1LeftName=Move
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set1Stick2UpName=Look
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=25
Set1Stick2UpMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick2RightName=Look
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=38
Set1Stick2RightMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick2DownName=Look
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=25
Set1Stick2DownMouseMode=Cursor
Set1Stick2LeftName=Look
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=38
Set1Stick2LeftMouseMode=Cursor
Set1TriggerLeftName= Plasmid
Set1TriggerLeftToggle=1
Set1TriggerLeftTurbo=1
Set1TriggerLeftTurboRate=2
Set1TriggerLeftRumbleStrengths=104,128
Set1TriggerLeftSetSelect=3
Set1TriggerRightName=Fire
Set1TriggerRightToggle=1
Set1TriggerRightTurbo=1
Set1TriggerRightTurboRate=2
Set1TriggerRightSetSelect=3
Set2Button5Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Q,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s
Set2Button5Toggle=1
Set2Button5SetSelect=0
Set2Button6SetSelect=0
Set2Button7Name=Quick Load
Set2Button7Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.70s,F11
Set2Button8Name=Quick Save
Set2Button8Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,F12,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s
Set2Button9Name=Vrouch
Set2Button9Slots=C
Set2Stick1UpName=Move
Set2Stick1UpSlots=W
Set2Stick1RightName=Move
Set2Stick1RightSlots=D
Set2Stick1DownName=Move
Set2Stick1DownSlots=S
Set2Stick1LeftName=Move
Set2Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set2Stick2UpSlots=F1
Set2Stick2RightSlots=F3
Set2Stick2DownSlots=F5
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=F7
Set2Stick2UpRightSlots=F2
Set2Stick2DownRightSlots=F4
Set2Stick2DownLeftSlots=F6
Set2Stick2UpLeftSlots=F8
Set3Button5SetSelect=0
Set3Button6Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Left Shift,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s
Set3Button6Toggle=1
Set3Button6SetSelect=0
Set3Button7Name=Quick Load
Set3Button7Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.70s,F11
Set3Button8Name=Quick Save
Set3Button8Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,F12
Set3Button9Name=Crouch
Set3Button9Slots=C
Set3DPadRightName=Next Ammo
Set3DPadRightSlots=Right Square Bracket,Equals
Set3DPadLeftName=Prev. Ammo
Set3DPadLeftSlots=Left Square Bracket,Minus
Set3Stick1UpName=Move
Set3Stick1UpSlots=W
Set3Stick1RightName=Move
Set3Stick1RightSlots=D
Set3Stick1DownName=Move
Set3Stick1DownSlots=S
Set3Stick1LeftName=Move
Set3Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set3Stick2UpSlots=1
Set3Stick2RightSlots=3
Set3Stick2DownSlots=5
Set3Stick2LeftSlots=7
Set3Stick2UpRightSlots=2
Set3Stick2DownRightSlots=4
Set3Stick2DownLeftSlots=6
Set3Stick2UpLeftSlots=8
Set4Button2Name=Medkit
Set4Button2Slots=Left Control
Set4Button4Name=Drill Dash
Set4Button4Slots=Left Shift
Set4Button6Name=Melee
Set4Button6Slots=Left Shift
Set4Button9Name=Crouch/Teleshield
Set4Button9Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,C,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,Alt
Set4Button10Name=Zoom
Set4Button10Slots=T
Set4Stick1UpName=Move
Set4Stick1UpSlots=W
Set4Stick1RightName=Move
Set4Stick1RightSlots=D
Set4Stick1DownName=Move
Set4Stick1DownSlots=S
Set4Stick1LeftName=Move
Set4Stick1LeftSlots=A
Set4Stick2UpName=Look
Set4Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set4Stick2UpMouseSpeed=25
Set4Stick2RightName=Look
Set4Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set4Stick2RightMouseSpeed=38
Set4Stick2DownName=Look
Set4Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set4Stick2DownMouseSpeed=25
Set4Stick2LeftName=Look
Set4Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set4Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=38
Set4TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set4TriggerLeftToggle=1
Set4TriggerLeftRumble=1
Set4TriggerLeftRumbleStrengths=128,51
Set4TriggerLeftSetSelect=0
Set4TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set4TriggerRightToggle=1
Set4TriggerRightRumble=1
Set4TriggerRightRumbleStrengths=128,255
Set4TriggerRightSetSelect=0

whoden

Re: Bioshock 2 (X360), similar to Bioshock 1

Post by whoden »

Since you didn't use d-pad down, maybe make that for medkits and then make B reload. And maybe just one cycle for selecting ammo, either forward or back. Having both seems a bit redundant and it would open up a slot for some other function. Also, what is the third function assigned to X?
Also, scout mode is a sort of.. out-of-body-ish... astral projection-y...plasmid that let's you roam around invisible and still use other plasmids while doing it.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I have made some changes on the profile.
1. X is now not tap and hold anymore, some testing has shown that this isn't necessary.
2. D-pad down can now also be uses to use a medkit
3. Fixed a problem with the right trigger, that caused that the drill could be only used as melee (so without fuel)
4. Improved Rumble. Now when firing a weapon, the rumble is stronger on the right side and when firing a Plasmid it is stronger on the left side.
whoden wrote:Since you didn't use d-pad down, maybe make that for medkits and then make B reload. And maybe just one cycle for selecting ammo, either forward or back. Having both seems a bit redundant and it would open up a slot for some other function. Also, what is the third function assigned to X?
I think the developer of this game has thought that it would be anyways enough to have the possibility to select both ammo types directly that are not currently used. But while playing I don't know anyways which direction I would have to choose, so one direction could really be removed. But what would you want to assign to the open Dpad direction?

X is reload (R) as first action and the second action are these multiple functions on B, so Hack, Let Little Sister gather Adam, Harvest Little Sister.

whoden

Post by whoden »

I'll be honest. I haven't even tried this profile yet. But only because I haven't been playing Bioshock 2 lately.
I'd reassign something from X over to the Dpad. Hack, maybe.

Peteman990

Post by Peteman990 »

Hi, thanks for making this profile. Was looking for one that uses the same setup as the xbox 360 version of the game. Just wanted to add that the start menu (esc) is not working when you press the start button and the diary/map is also not working when you press the select button. Everything else seems to be working great so far, I will let you know I have just started the game.

EDIT: Nevermind, I take that back. You have to hold down select for the map! :D. I had to manually assign esc to the start button though, only problem so far. Thanks!

EDIT2: Also, for some reason when pressing right trigger. It will use a medpack in addition to shooting your weapon/using drill. Only game breaker so far is that one, uses all my medpacks when I don't need em, lol.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

For some odd reason I had Alt on Start :shock:, fixed that. But I can absolutely not comprehend why the right trigger is using medkits for you. There is only the left mouse button assigned to it and it is working normally for me.

Peteman990

Post by Peteman990 »

Just tested it again, right trigger is still using the medkits. I can't figure it out either, heh.

EDIT: Hey, well i'm not sure what exactly fixed it but I just clicked on the right trigger in xpadder and changed changed it from "none" to left mouse button. I also changed the setting for medkit in bioshock 2 config from "ctrl" to "O" and changed the ctrl to O accordingly in xpadder. Fixed now! Don't know which change fixed it but thank you for the profile, most like the xbox 360 config out there and that's perfect for me!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The right trigger had "None" in Set1 as Xpadder will switch to Set4 while holding it and trigger the LMB there. The Set switching is necessary to make the Drill Dash possible.

Maybe there is a different reason for pressing Ctrl with the right trigger than Xpadder.
Try following:
1. Open the profile menu (right side) and click on "New...", to completely unload the currently loaded profile.
2. Open the Xpadder setting (tool symbol in the upper right edge) and click on the entry "Debug - Keyboard" and check "TestEnabled".
3. Press the right triggers on your controller and see if the keyboard test show anything.
If there is something, you must another keyboard emulation program running.

Peteman990

Post by Peteman990 »

Hey, yeah your right, that made the drill dash not work and set 4 not function properly. I tried what you said and it didn't show anything else and i'm sure this is the only program like this that I am running. I'll try a different controller, maybe the rumble is accidentally triggering the b button or the d-pad down.

Peteman990

Post by Peteman990 »

I was also wondering if it is possible to make the control sticks more sensitive to how far you press on them. Like when you are playing an xbox game and you can barely push the control stick forward and your character will walk instead of run for instance. It would make it much easier to aim more precisely if you could do that. I see a setting for distance in the config for xpadder, not sure if that will get the job done but i'll fiddle around with it. Do you know if this can be done?

EDIT: The new controller fixed that issue... :D . I just got to the part where it asks you to hold down R (X button on xbox 360 controller) for your little sister to lead you to a harvest spot. I've tried holding down X and RB/LB and X just in-case that triggered it, but holding down X doesn't do anything. Other than that as i've said, everything is working great easiest profile to get a hang of for Bioshock 2 that i've used.

EDIT2: Thinking it might be as easy as it looks, I added a hold zone after the R for the x button in xpadder, to no avail :lol:

EDIT3: Ok, just FYI (it makes no sense to me either,) when I changed the key-binding for first aid back to CTRL it started using my medpacks when I used the right trigger. When I changed it to O, it stopped using the medkits when I use the right trigger. You tell me, lol, I am at a loss as to why that is. (you can ignore the first edit about the controller fixing the issue, looks like that wasn't it.) I feel like i'm being annoying reporting all these issues, but I am hoping it will make the profile even better! And thank you for bearing with me

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

It is possible to use the Distance Zones in Xpadder to assign walk and run (or even more)to a stick depending on how far you push it. The problem is that Bioshock 2 has only one movement speed, there is only run.

I have configured the X button, that it is only possible to hold B and R can only be tapped. I thought B is for "Search Adam". Test this profile and let me know if it works better,

Peteman990

Post by Peteman990 »

Thank you for adding that. It works as you have described now. I think what I was trying to convey with the sensitivity of the control sticks was you know how you play on the xbox 360 and it is much easier to aim at a target and hit them. I think part of that may be due to aim assist that is in all the console games, and I guess the other part is the emulation of the mouse with the control sticks which makes the aiming a bit jerky with xpadder making it harder to aim precisely. I was asking if there was any way to fix that jerky aiming that comes with xpadder, but I would guess that you probably can't fix that. The only other (very minor, have you) gripe I have with this great profile is that when I got Electricity Bolt 2, it asks you to hold down left trigger to charge it, but, it automatically casts a regular electricity bolt first before it is able to charge. So it automatically does a tap of the left trigger before it allows you to hold it down, so waste a one electric bolt worth of EVE every time I try to hold down the left trigger to charge it.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The mouse movement should be analogue, but of course it won't be as easy to aim as with native controller support because of the lack on aim assistance. What you can do are to thing:
1. Disable "Vertical Synchronization" in the game in the Graphics options
2. Open the Mouse Properties in the Windows Control Panel and disable "Enhance Pointer Precision"
This option is on by standard, but I think it's only useful if you use a touchpad. With a mouse it makes the cursor movement spongy.

I didn't had Electrobolt2 while testing the profile, so I was not able to recognize this problem. I had the left mouse button already assigned in Set1. That means when pressing the left trigger, the RMB will be pressed for 0.01 seconds, then Xpadder switches to set2 (and that probably means that the RMB won't be pressed for another 0.01) and then the RMB will be hold. I have fixed in the profile in the first post. It also contains now the changes on X, which I have tested myself too.

As for the problem with the Medkits. While playing the game to test these changes on X, I recognized that my Medkits are getting consumed much to fast. I don't know what the reason for this is, but actually it cannot be the profile. I will have another look into this, to see if I can find the reason.
Edit: Found the problem. Instead of only S I had CTRL+S assigned on left stick backward in Set4. So when moving backward while shooting you have used a medkit. This is now fixed in the profile in the first post.
Last edited by Primal Fear on 04 Apr 2012, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

Peteman990

Post by Peteman990 »

Awesome! I'll test it today sometime. Thanks for fixing that, and I will try clicking off enhance pointer precision as well, who knows it may help in other FPS' using the mouse too.

EDIT: My enhance pointer precision was not on, but anyways, great profile I like how it is like the original Xbox controls. I don't really remember what exactly the controls were on the original Bioshock but I did play it on the xbox 360 and this feels very familiar so thank you for posting this.

BladeZX

Post by BladeZX »

Does this work for Bioshock #1 for the PC?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I don't know, but Bioshock1 has native controller support that is very similar to this profile.

Return to “Game Profiles”