Mount and Blade Warband issues

gumphaugh

Mount and Blade Warband issues

Post by gumphaugh »

I've been able to install and use my wireless x360 controller for most game functions, but I have a couple issues:

the stick buttons ( when you press the stick down) don't seem to send a proper signal. I would like them to be the space key or the E key and program them as such, but they seem to send a different signal that zooms view or changes first person view.

Also when I program the Dpad for simple F1 - F4 commands it seems to trigger a different version of those command menus.

Is there some way I can trouble shoot this ? I've tried several times and can't find how or why these improper signals are being sent.

Tried new batteries

tried making the stick buttons nothing / blank ( they still send the zoom command and change first person)...

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Mount and Blade Warband issues

Post by Primal Fear »

I have tried the demo of this game and had such problems with any of my controllers. Are you sure that you not have any other programs like Xpadder running?

gumphaugh

Post by gumphaugh »

yes I'm sure. I tried setting up the controller and then using it in notepad ... to see what the keys actually do.. and in notepad it appears to be sending the correct signals. it's only in the warband game that other signal seems to be getting sent.... another example is a simple A button program for the F key which is the do things key... When I'm in a tavern and I go to talk .. hitting the A button.... The F key is transmitted but also a spacebar ( jump) signal is sent... My character jumps every time I go to talk to someone... that spacebar signal is not shown in notepad.

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

Hi there I've been playing the Mount & Blade Warband and Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword for quite sometime ago, but never had these issues.

Here's a profile that can be used in either game; http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3177

I think you need to set the game controls option back to the default and also disable the native controller support within the game.

As for the "A" button its for Strafe Left in movement and the "F" button is for Action/Use/Pickup, Spacebar is for Jump.
gumphaugh wrote:...that spacebar signal is not shown in notepad.
Yes it will show up as blinking cursor in Notepad moving from left to right, every time you tap the button assigned to it.

gumphaugh

Post by gumphaugh »

Smiley,
Thanks I'll try using your profile, but I think you might have hit on it. I did not realize there is native controller support in Warband? That appears to be what is happening, there is 2 sets of controls being transmitted. Where do I find that to disable it ? My game controls option is on default.

For example when I click the right stick I get zoom in... even when I have None selected in Xpadder. Something has to be reading that as a specific a (Left Shift ) signal.... When I program Xpadder for that stick button with a Spacebar to make the horse jump I get a zoom and a jump...

gumphaugh

Post by gumphaugh »

found the problem... version 1.153 imbedded controller support.. now can't be turned off apparently...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/ ... msg5422167

Anybody find a solution ?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

I made this large post about that. I recommend to start with these .dll's of possibility 4 and 5.

gumphaugh

Post by gumphaugh »

Thanks.. you guys run a great website.. I'll give those a try..

Errol
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Errol »

The last time I played this game it was version 1.143 and I could've then mapped the kb & mouse with no problems. Since that time to present it seems they've updated with a patch adding controller support and it seems as though you have no options in the game to switch to kb & mouse or controller.

My best suggestion to you...go to the download page and use an older update patch 1.143. At any rate there's not much changes in the game with new updates...mostly added controller support and to prevent piracy of the game by crackers who provide game fixes so you can play the full game illegally etc.

Here's a link to the older update patch approx 93.1 MB in size. Just scroll down a bit and you'll get the download; http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patc ... patch.html

If you do decide to use the older patch go into the game's Configure and uncheck (it should be unchecked by default, but just in case) the feature "Enable Version Check" that way it won't go online to update to the latest version.

Return to “Other questions”