Start-up

pdl

Start-up

Post by pdl »

I think when Xpadder is stated it defaults to the last configuration, I think, but sometimes mine will start-up blank, not a big deal since I just select the controller configuration and profile, but am I assuming startup to work incorrectly or am I doing something incorrect.

Thanks

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Start-up

Post by Primal Fear »

Xpadder should load the last used controller layout, the last used profile will only be loaded if the corresponding setting "AutoOpen last used profile" is enabled.

Reasons if the Controller Layout only sometimes doesn't load could be that you have moved or deleted the Xpadder.ini that Xpadder saves next to the Xpadder.exe or moved the Xpadder.exe.
Another possibility is that you may have installed a different driver for the controller (Windows usually installs a different driver to the one you can download from the manufacturers website) or if own one of these current Logitech FX10 gamepads that you have change the position of the switch on the back. For these controllers you need to create a different layout or each of these modes that can be selected with this switch.

Lomax

Post by Lomax »

How can I tell Xpadder to load a *particular* profile/layout when it autostarts with windows?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

A AutoProfile entry for "explorer.exe" would do it.
In the Xpadder settings (clicking on the tool symbol in the upper right corner of the Xapdder main window) you can also find the option "AutoOpen last used profile" (Start section), if that should already be enough for you.

geezanansa

Post by geezanansa »

Two other options could be using "xpadder.exe" or set your desired profile as <default> :)

Return to “Xpadder keeps installing/forgetting settings”