[New] The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion [Edit - 29/08/14] (X360)

Share and discuss profiles

Do you like this profile?

Awesome. Flat-out Awesome, 10/10!
50%
I'm Gonna Annoy You By Putting 9/10 Instead Of 10/10 Even Though I Totally Mean 10/10!
25%
Kinda Awesome But Not Flat-Out Awesome, 7/10!
25%
Me Like, But Think Need Work. -Ug The Caveman. 5/10.
No votes
I Would Rather Give Myself To The Adoring Fan For A Night Instead Of Using This Profile. 0/10
No votes

Total votes: 4

DaNuttyNoob

[New] The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion [Edit - 29/08/14] (X360)

Post by DaNuttyNoob »

Hello Reader! This is my Xpadder Profile for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

. I have tried to make my profile as accurate as I could to the Xbox 360 version of Oblivion. This means you can use mostly all menus and features in the game with little use of the mouse. I made this profile because I prefer the enhanced frame rate, graphics and modability that the PC offers, but also because I still love the simplicity of the controller, the thrill of slaying innocent Mud Crabs in cold blood, and the laughs of making the adoring fan stare at my adoring middle finger, all whilst sprawling on the sofa. >:D

[*Edit* - 14/08/14]

-- I have added a delay to the Quickload feature. This is to stop you from hitting it by mistake and loosing progress.
-- I have also slightly tweaked the profile page.

[*Edit* - 15/08/14]

-- I have tweaked the drop function so now all you have to do to drop or delete something is press "X"
-- I have also made Activate more forgiving. This means that hopefully you'll close container and loot menus less. =)
-- The next thing I have tweaked is the dead zones and sensitivity. This makes looking around more rounded and less square-like.
-- Another thing I've tweaked is the selecting of a hot-keyed item, I have made it more reliable and fast. But with this, when scrolling up or down through the inventory using the D-Pad, the hot key circle flashes per push. Personally I've not found that it interferes with anything, it's just a bit annoying. =0

[*Edit - 19/08/14*]

--I've found an issue where "A" gets confused with "X" in the journal. I have fixed what I can with the profile, but as it was happening with my keyboard as well, I believe it's a problem on oblivion's end. (I do play on a modded version of the game, so maybe a broken mod is causing it?) The glitch mostly happened when I was rapidly pressing "X" and "A" so if you don't want it to happen, don't do that. I thought you all might want to know about this, just so you could try and avoid producing the glitch, and didn't think it was my profile causing the issue. :)

[*Edit - 29/08/14*]

-- Sadly after getting stuck in the wrong profile nearly every time I played, I have opted to remove the ability to zoom in or out using vanity mode. Sorry. :(

[What You Need To Do To Make The Profile Work]

. Firstly, you need to disable the default controller support as it interferes with Xpadder and doesn't work. So to do this go to your, "My Documents" folder, then locate the, "My Games" folder. Open that and you should then see the folder named, "Oblivion" - It's Inside this folder you need to find the document entitled, "Oblivion" or "Oblivion.ini" - Right click this file and hover your cursor over, "Open with" then click, "Notepad" - When this file opens locate the line, "bUse Joystick=1" under the, "[Controls]" heading and change it to, "bUse Joystick=0" - After you have done this save the file, and the tricky part is complete! :D

. Secondly, you have to reset the controls for both mouse and keyboard to their default setting.

. Thirdly, you'll need to change the default control for Run from, "L-Shift" to "/" - I changed this because some of the in-game menus also utilize, "L-Shift" and so conflicted.

. After doing the before mentioned things, you should now be able you use the controller. Congratulations! :D

[What I Couldn't Get Working 100% Exactly Like The Xbox Version - *That I Know Of*]

. While in the Inventory you can use LB/RB to navigate the main tabs. I couldn't get the tabs to work using LT/RT like on the console, as it interfered with quite a few things.

. When a quest pop up, pops up, you have to use of the Right Analog Stick to move the mouse, and the Right Trigger to left click on, "Continue" - This is because the arrow keys and the enter key do not work for this menu.

. When it comes to hot-keying an item, really the only successful way I can do it, is by moving the mouse, using the Right Analog Stick, to the item you want to add, then hold the D-Pad in the direction you want your hotkey to be, 1-8, and then press "A" to select it.

. To be able to loot containers or people and still be able activate things all using the same button, I've had to put a release zone on the "A" button. This was because "Enter" and the "Space-bar" were conflicting with each other. So this means now that a short sharp tap of "A" while looting items, will ensure that the container or loot menu won't close. On the other hand, a relaxed firm push of the "A" button will ensure that you can activate things.

. When you are buying items from a store, you sadly cannot use the Analog Sticks or Directional Pad to access the Haggle menu. They also don't work if you are trying to Bribe/Persuade a person. You instead have to use the Right Analog Stick to move the cursor and the Right Trigger to Left Click.

. Sometimes you cannot skip the first pieces of chat dialog using the "A" button. To solve this, just press the Right Trigger to skip through the bits of dialog you don't want to hear.

. To exit a chat dialog without using the mouse, you'll have to move the Left Analog Stick or the D-Pad to the right, and press "A" on the exit dialog button.

[Extra Ability's]

. While making the profile, I remembered all the happy hours I spent playing Oblivion on my Xbox and thought of all the times I wish I could have Quick-Saved or Quick-Loaded my game. Because of this I have made it so that when the Left Trigger is held down, if you press the D-Pad to the left it will Quick-Save your game. Likewise if you press it to your right, it will Quick-Load. Also if you have added your game to your Steam games list, or just have the game on Steam, if you press Left Trigger and then press the D-Pad up, you can take a screenshot!

Here's the Xpadder Profile:

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2014.07.01
Name=(The Elder Scrolls [Oblivion]
Set1Name=Main
Set1StickDeadZones=104,63
Set1StickDiagonalSizes=40,62
Set1TriggerDeadZones=54,54
Set1DPadMode=EightWay
Set1Stick1Mode=EightWay
Set2Name=Secondary
Set2StickDeadZones=104,62
Set2StickDiagonalSizes=40,62
Set2TriggerDeadZones=54,54
Set2Stick1Mode=EightWay
Set3StickDeadZones=57,57
Set3TriggerDeadZones=54,54
Set4StickDeadZones=57,57
Set4TriggerDeadZones=54,54
Set5StickDeadZones=57,57
Set5TriggerDeadZones=28,28
Set6StickDeadZones=57,57
Set6TriggerDeadZones=54,54
Set7StickDeadZones=57,57
Set7TriggerDeadZones=54,54
Set8StickDeadZones=57,57
Set8TriggerDeadZones=28,28
Set1Button1Name=Activate
Set1Button1Slots=Enter,RELEASE ZONE 0.11s,HOLD ZONE 0.15s,Space
Set1Button2Name=Journal
Set1Button2Slots=Tab,TAP TIME 0.14s,T
Set1Button3Name=Ready Weapon/Drop/Delete
Set1Button3Slots=F,Left Shift,Enter
Set1Button4Name=Jump
Set1Button4Slots=E
Set1Button5Name=Grab/Tab Left
Set1Button5Slots=Left Shift,Arrow Left,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,Z
Set1Button6Name=Cast/Tab Right
Set1Button6Slots=Left Shift,Arrow Right,HOLD ZONE 0.08s,C
Set1Button7Name=Wait
Set1Button7Slots=T
Set1Button8Name=Pause
Set1Button8Slots=Escape
Set1Button9Name=Sneak
Set1Button9Slots=Left Control
Set1Button10Name=View
Set1Button10Slots=R
Set1DPadUpName=HK1/Up
Set1DPadUpSlots=Arrow Up,1
Set1DPadRightName=HK3/Right
Set1DPadRightSlots=Arrow Right,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,3
Set1DPadDownName=HK5/Down
Set1DPadDownSlots=Arrow Down,5
Set1DPadLeftName=HK7/Left
Set1DPadLeftSlots=Arrow Left,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,HOLD ZONE 0.02s,7
Set1DPadUpRightName=HK2
Set1DPadUpRightSlots=2
Set1DPadDownRightName=HK4
Set1DPadDownRightSlots=4
Set1DPadDownLeftName=HK6
Set1DPadDownLeftSlots=6
Set1DPadUpLeftName=HK8
Set1DPadUpLeftSlots=8
Set1Stick1UpName=M-Forwards
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Forward-Slash,Arrow Up,W,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Arrow Up,W
Set1Stick1RightName=M-Right
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Forward-Slash,Arrow Right,D,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Arrow Right,D
Set1Stick1DownName=M-Backwards
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Forward-Slash,Arrow Down,S,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Arrow Down,S
Set1Stick1LeftName=M-Left
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Forward-Slash,Arrow Left,A,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Arrow Left,A
Set1Stick1UpRightName=M-NE
Set1Stick1UpRightSlots=Forward-Slash,W,D,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,W,D
Set1Stick1DownRightName=M-SE
Set1Stick1DownRightSlots=Forward-Slash,S,D,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,S,D
Set1Stick1DownLeftName=M-SW
Set1Stick1DownLeftSlots=Forward-Slash,S,A,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,S,A
Set1Stick1UpLeftName=M-NW
Set1Stick1UpLeftSlots=Forward-Slash,W,A,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,W,A
Set1Stick2UpName=L-Up
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=44
Set1Stick2RightName=L-Right
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=64
Set1Stick2DownName=L-Down
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=44
Set1Stick2LeftName=L-Left
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=64
Set1TriggerLeftName=Block
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1TriggerLeftSetSelect=1
Set1TriggerRightName=Attack
Set1TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set2Button1Name=Activate
Set2Button1Slots=Enter,RELEASE ZONE 0.11s,HOLD ZONE 0.15s,Space
Set2Button2Name=Journal
Set2Button2Slots=Tab,TAP TIME 0.14s,T
Set2Button3Name=Ready Weapon/Drop/Delete
Set2Button3Slots=F,Left Shift,Enter
Set2Button4Name=Jump
Set2Button4Slots=E
Set2Button5Name=Grab/Tab Left
Set2Button5Slots=Left Shift,Arrow Left,HOLD ZONE 0.10s,Z
Set2Button6Name=Cast/Tab Right
Set2Button6Slots=Left Shift,Arrow Right,HOLD ZONE 0.08s,C
Set2Button7Name=Wait
Set2Button7Slots=T
Set2Button8Name=Pause
Set2Button8Slots=Escape
Set2Button9Name=Sneak
Set2Button9Slots=Left Control
Set2Button10Name=View
Set2Button10Slots=R
Set2DPadUpName=Screenshot
Set2DPadUpSlots=F12
Set2DPadRightName=QuickLoad
Set2DPadRightSlots=HOLD ZONE 1.00s,F9
Set2DPadLeftName=QuickSave
Set2DPadLeftSlots=F5
Set2Stick1UpName=M-Forwards
Set2Stick1UpSlots=Forward-Slash,Arrow Up,W,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Arrow Up,W
Set2Stick1RightName=M-Right
Set2Stick1RightSlots=Forward-Slash,Arrow Right,D,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Arrow Right,D
Set2Stick1DownName=M-Backwards
Set2Stick1DownSlots=Forward-Slash,Arrow Down,S,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Arrow Down,S
Set2Stick1LeftName=M-Left
Set2Stick1LeftSlots=Forward-Slash,Arrow Left,A,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,Arrow Left,A
Set2Stick1UpRightName=M-NE
Set2Stick1UpRightSlots=Forward-Slash,W,D,DISTANCE ZONE 60%,W,D
Set2Stick1DownRightName=M-SE
Set2Stick1DownRightSlots=Forward-Slash,S,D
Set2Stick1DownLeftName=M-SW
Set2Stick1DownLeftSlots=Forward-Slash,S,A
Set2Stick1UpLeftName=M-NW
Set2Stick1UpLeftSlots=Forward-Slash,W,A
Set2Stick2UpName=L-Up
Set2Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set2Stick2UpMouseSpeed=22
Set2Stick2RightName=L-Right
Set2Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set2Stick2RightMouseSpeed=26
Set2Stick2DownName=L-Down
Set2Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set2Stick2DownMouseSpeed=22
Set2Stick2LeftName=L-Left
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set2Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=26
Set2TriggerLeftName=Block
Set2TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set2TriggerLeftSetSelect=0
Set2TriggerRightName=Attack
Set2TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Other Profiles I've Made:

-Call Of Duty 4, Call Of Duty World At War And Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5322

-Fallout: New Vegas - http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5294

-Minecraft - http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5356

-Dragon Age [Origins] - http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5302

-PAYDAY: The Heist - http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5351

-Rayman 2 - The Great Escape - http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5375

[Hopefully you will enjoy this controller profile. <3 DaNuttyNoob]
Last edited by DaNuttyNoob on 30 Aug 2014, 01:55, edited 7 times in total.

jeep.iams

Re: [New] The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion [Edit - 15/08/14] (X360)

Post by jeep.iams »

I am having an issue where every time i press A to activate something I crouch down. Any thoughts?

DaNuttyNoob

Re: Re: [New] The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion [Edit - 15/08/14] (X360)

Post by DaNuttyNoob »

Hey, nice to see that you are using my profile, or at least trying to.... :/

...Anyway to answer your question, could you please make sure you went through all of the instructions above? They are just under the latest edit's description!

If you already followed the instructions and you were still having the issue, then I would ask if you could check step one again. It really sounds to me like Oblivion's broken controller support is overriding Xpadder.
To check if you disabled the in-game controller support using step one of the instructions, when you load up the game enter the options menu and select controls. Here you should notice that the swap stick options are grey'd out. This basically tells you it's disabled.

Hopefully this fixed your problem, but if you are still having issues, i'll give it my best shot at helping you with 'em! :D

DaNuttyNoob.

tayfinch

Re: [New] The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion [Edit - 29/08/14] (X360)

Post by tayfinch »

I'll be trying this out later today! Thanks for all the good work. I'll be sure to leave feedback.

A minor, inconsequential thing: I'm not really active on the forums, but one thing I appreciate about other profiles is a graphic representation of a controller and your mapping scheme. That might be something to consider adding to this page.

DaNuttyNoob

Post by DaNuttyNoob »

Hey, thanks for your message! I didn't know how to add pictures at first, but after some research I have found out how and have added two. One from Set 1 and one from Set 2. I hope you enjoy the profile, and thank you very much for the great idea, i'll be sure to add pictures to my other profiles as well!

Thanks,

DaNuttyNoob.

stillanimal

Post by stillanimal »

I'm having an issue where the left stick movement is reverse of what it should be, pressed all the way in one direction is walk, pressed part way is run. Is there a way I could fix this on my own?

DaNuttyNoob

Post by DaNuttyNoob »

Hey Stillanimal,

It sounds like your native controller support hasn't been deactivated yet. I remember it doing that for me when I was first creating this profile a long old time ago now. :D If you go into "Documents" then into the file "My Games" and then, "oblivion". Open up the text document within that, that will either be called, "Oblivion.ini" or simply, "Oblivion" and locate the line of text inside called, "bUse Joystick=1". Change this to,"bUse Joystick=0" and it will disable the Native controller support for oblivion which I believe is causing that issue. I hope this helps :D

If you need anymore help just ask :D

Thank you for using my profile,

DaNuttyNoob.

stillanimal

Post by stillanimal »

Thanks for the quick reply Mr. NuttyNoob, unfortunately your suggested fix is not the issue. I made those .ini changes when installing the profile & just double checked to make sure I'd saved the changes. What else could it be??? I've played for several hours now in the hopes that I can retrain myself to get used to it but its just so counter-intuitive, I can't make it work... HALP!

DaNuttyNoob

Post by DaNuttyNoob »

Hey Stillanimal,

Not a problem about the quick reply :D and I'm sorry that wasn't the correct fix. I have another idea of what it could be and that is, that always run is turned off. I believe, if you have reset your controls to their default setting, just press the "Caps Lock" key to enable it and it should sort out the issue. Essentially when the left stick is moved slightly with "Always Run" enabled it'll hold the Run key ("/") as well as the Move Forward key "W" which should allow the character to walk. But if always run is disabled, it'll do the exact opposite and instead of walking it'll make your character run, matching the description of your issue. I tried it out on my version of Oblivion just now and it might, with a bit of luck, be the fix for your issue. :D

DaNuttyNoob.

stillanimal

Post by stillanimal »

That did it! Thank you sir!

DaNuttyNoob

Post by DaNuttyNoob »

Not a problem! Have fun gaming :D

Kind Regards,

DaNuttyNoob.

Mrnat4

Post by Mrnat4 »

Hey, I know this is an older post but wanted to stop and say thanks. It works great.

Return to “Game Profiles”